UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t agree. Sam Lee is well balanced and has fought our corner a few times. In particular I’ve always found him very pro Pep.

If we are now saying we don’t like Sam either now how long before we have a go at Martin Samuel.

We look like dicks if we demonise everyone.

I’m not saying ‘we’. I personally don’t like him as a City writer.

You are free to like or dislike him if you please.

If true, we can also dismiss any nonsense from UEFA about not being able to afford to become involved in expensive litigation for a number of reasons 1) UEFA are loaded, 2) there are a number of very wealthy clubs who would be only too willing to bankroll legal action and 3) and most importantly, if you win such a case the loser pay your legal fees. The only way you'd be afraid of that is if you knew your "case" was likely to be destroyed in Court.

Fair enough. I do wonder who you do like if Sam isn’t pro city enough. I don’t think #twosips would have him on Esteemed kompany if he wasn’t at least fair.

I don’t know Sam Lee - he’s maybe a nice guy but I think he’s playing the game and it’s unfortunate that the Athletic doesn’t seem to be the ‘breath of fresh air’ we’d hoped it to be. It’s increasingly got a ‘big four’ agenda it would seem. Not surprising I guess the people they’ve employed have been the architects of the incredible demise in football writing we have witnessed in recent years.

Absolutely correct.

If the result of this is anything other than a total exoneration then City need to refuse any sanction and take the legal route. To do otherwise, whilst in the short term potentially cheaper, would be to tacitly accept that we are guilty of something and in doing so we would be allowing another 10 years of smears, innuendo and downright abuse.

Now, if we ARE guilty of something (I dont believe we are but if we accept a charge then that tells me we are) then the chairman, as fantastic as he is and always has been, will have a huge omelette on his face after that bullish statement last season, and would have serious questions to answer.

Personally, and I have ZERO evidence of this, it's just my opinion, I think this 'leak' could well be to test the water before the full exoneration is announced to the watching world.

God I love this club.
Just thinking the same.

"City to be banned from Europe!"
"City face 1 season ban from CL!"
"UEFA hand down 2-season ban"

Now it's
"Er, City might be fined"
"Or they may not".

No way we're taking any sort of sanction here, as that implies we accept we were in the wrong.

The cúnt above chooses to live in a country that has an appalling human rights record and has had death squads killing street children openly for decades, with a President who is an an absolute thindercúnt of epic proportions, and yet this bastion of human rights lives there in luxury...

Also he is a fully confirmed dog botherer.
Death squads you say? Can you hire them by the hour? Asking for a friend.

Just seen this news and it is music to my ears. I hope now that when this comes around we fight the fine and then air everything about the shit house clubs that have instigated this witch hunt from day one

He hadn't really been on my radar until I saw his car crash interview on the BBC the other day when he was talking about the Sterling-Gomez row. The stuff he was coming out with was like a fan who'd be reading rumours on a forum, which is what I suspect he'd been doing. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice but he didn't come across as credible to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.