January defenders

January is always tricky to get the best out there in. No one wants to sell. I have been impressed with the Sheffield United defenders. O Connell and John Egan have impressed me. For a team to come up from the championship they havnt conceded many and both can play the ball out of the back well. I think come the end of the season I be shocked if O Connell doesnt break into the England squad if they continue to play well. Also Egan is the best player of the 2 reads the game well thats what we could need beside Laporte. I get the 2 aint all the rage but Ake been named by some and thats crazy money for him and both O Connell and Egan are better options.

I think we missed a trick not signing chilwell another 3 assists tonight , he’s great defensively too , miles better than what we have

I think we missed a trick not signing chilwell another 3 assists tonight , he’s great defensively too , miles better than what we have

Chilwell is one of the players I've been most impressed with City's scouting on because 18 months to 2 years ago when he was first seriously, seriously linked, I didn't' think much of him at all, but pretty much since Rodgers arrived and they started playing more attacking football, he's become a great player.

Is Ruben Dias all that? Because if he is, that 56m pound reported release clause doesn't sound like a bad deal. Even in January.

Is Ruben Dias all that? Because if he is, that 56m pound reported release clause doesn't sound like a bad deal. Even in January.
He was very good in the Nations League, don't know much about him. Juve were linked with him before they bought De Ligt

If there was any chance we could somehow get Soyuncu, we should do it. He’d be perfect with Laporte. Quick, aggressive, strong, loves defending and is so comfortable on the ball. Just a matter if he can keep this level up
I love centre backs that love defending. It's those CB's that are merely lukewarm about defending that you aren't too sure about.

City won't be buying Chilwell - the asking price will be way beyond what the City hierachy are prepared to pay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.