UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This all seems like it is a well-orchestrated roll-out for the peanut gallery, no?

The Athletic have either got the very wrong end of the stick, or some sort of horsetrading has indeed gone on between City and UEFA?

UEFA not sanctioning City does not make any sense, as the Club had already established they had found us 'guilty' and were to recommend a Champions League ban.

I don't get the fine suggestion, either?

In what other legal framework can someone be cleared yet still be imposed with a punishment?

The only conclusion I can draw is that City have leverage which is far more damaging to UEFA than kicking us out of their poxy Nazi-style branded competition.

Scotland

This all seems like it is a well-orchestrated roll-out for the peanut gallery, no?

The Athletic have either got the very wrong end of the stick, or some sort of horsetrading has indeed gone on between City and UEFA?

UEFA not sanctioning City does not make any sense, as the Club had already established they had found us 'guilty' and were to recommend a Champions League ban.

I don't get the fine suggestion, either?

In what other legal framework can someone be cleared yet still be imposed with a punishment?

The only conclusion I can draw is that City have leverage which is far more damaging to UEFA than kicking us out of their poxy Nazi-style branded competition.

CAS have only ruled that City can't appeal a decision because all legal avenues haven't been exhausted and UEFA's court is not incompetent.

It might very well be that UEFA & City have gotten a nod from CAS about which way a legitimate, post-verdict appeal would go and that's resulted in the lack of penalty from UEFA.

I don't think this is a biggie in the grand scheme of things. As far as I can see, City only went to CAS at that stage to complain that UEFA hadn't followed due process up to that point. I'm not sure any other club has gone to CAS at that stage of an investigation, and CAS are just confirming that they can't get involved at this stage. What beggars belief is why couldn't they have said this as soon as the club went to them! Anyway, if UEFA's final decision is a guilty verdict then that's when CAS can get involved, and if they uphold the club's appeal I'm sure they would include UEFA not following their own process in any summary
It's still bad news. It was possible, but unlikely that they could have ruled in our favour in which case the UEFA case would be dead now.

It will not matter in the long run if Atheltic are right. It was only a few days ago that another journalist said that his information was that City would face a 1-3 year ban. That news was largely ignored. DO we just ignore the news we don't like, and be reassured by the news we like?

Maybe they just line their judges up and take the business in order. And when it came to our case it was a straightforward ruling?
UEFA obviously knew from our CAS referral that we are going to dispute any hostile outcome. I think that is the point.
.....and maybe David Gill is an innocent bystander - come on Marvin we can all see what's going on here, a ladder is being constructed for UEFA to climb down.

It's still bad news. It was possible, but unlikely that they could have ruled in our favour in which case the UEFA case would be dead now.

It will not matter in the long run if Atheltic are right. It was only a few days ago that another journalist said that his information was that City would face a 1-3 year ban. That news was largely ignored. DO we just ignore the news we don't like, and be reassured by the news we like?
You posted this nonsense while I was still correcting your previous nonsense! Tony Evans a journalist!!! lol Get a grip man, it's good news - rejoice ;)

CAS have only ruled that City can't appeal a decision because all legal avenues haven't been exhausted and UEFA's court is not incompetent.

It might very well be that UEFA & City have gotten a nod from CAS about which way a legitimate, post-verdict appeal would go and that's resulted in the lack of penalty from UEFA.

First paragraph: that's my take too. They are only referring to institution not issues like fairness and reasonableness.

Second paragraph: not sure but it makes sense from the perspective of not wanting to waste resources and reputation management.

Maybe the whole point of the CAS appeal was to prevent us being kicked out this season, as we knew it would take a while to be looked at, had we not, UEFA could have kicked us out before it started this season, they could also have told us that even if we appealed, we'd still not be allowed pending the appeal outcome.

As a result we simply bought time, time so we could still play this season, and time to get our evidence together to fight an appeal, maybe there have been further discussions with UEFA, and that they now know that our appeal would succeed and leave them looking stupid.

City wanted to put an end to the investigation, so they lodged an appeal with CAS
CAS today have said that the AC can deal with this matter as they (CAS), at the moment, have no grounds to make a decision

We are where we were a few months ago. Nothing has changed. City haven't been found guilty of anything yet
Not sure you are right that nothing has changed? We are now, seemingly, less likely to be found guilty/punished/banned than we were a few months ago? And IF we were THEN we may have a valid case with the CAS? My concern is the accuracy of Sam lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.