UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This all hinges on the accuracy of The Athletic report.

Let's hope they haven't simply tagged Sam Lee in on a dual by-line to give it a degree of City legitimacy.

If he is involved, then he will have made sure of an official steer from Simon Heggie.

You posted this nonsense while I was still correcting your previous nonsense! Tony Evans a journalist!!! lol Get a grip man, it's good news - rejoice ;)
I would take the Athletic's view because Tony Evans is a self-confessed Liverpool fan, however it seems to me UEFA are split. The investigation committee recommends one approach, the Adjudicatory Chamber another? And there will be discussion, appeals etc.

Seems to me that as Tolmie hinted, UEFA will probably meet at end of the group stages and ratify decision of the Adjudicatory chamber but there are all sorts of forces at work, La Liga Presidents etc working behind the scenes so like Exeter Blue I am not complacently thinking this is done.

Not sure you are right that nothing has changed? We are now, seemingly, less likely to be found guilty/punished/banned than we were a few months ago? And IF we were THEN we may have a valid case with the CAS? My concern is the accuracy of Sam lee

But we don't know
All we do know is that, the case has been passed up the ladder to the AC, so we are where we were before City lodged the appeal to CAS

I'm hoping that CAS have actually looked at the case and told UEFA that their process is flawed and even if they do find us guilty, City are bound to lodge the appeal again to CAS and CAS will find in our favour, so the best thing to do is say there isn't evidence with a similar statement that was made by the FA on the Sancho case

" the FA conducted a nine-month investigation into the allegations, but they could not find any evidence to substantiate the claims of City's illegal payment"

Who can ever forget the way the UEFA Officials shafted us over 2 legs against Littlewwods FC.

We got shafted 4 times over the two legs. City also got shafted by the same Catalan hating Spanish ref who was in charge of the 2nd leg against Littlewoods against Monaco the previous season. In the home leg Monaco's keeper completely cleaned out Aguero in the area when he was through on goal within the first half an hour but instead of awarding a penalty and giving the keeper a red card he gave Monaco a free kick and Aguero a yellow card for 'diving'.

Apart from the Llorente handball last season we also got shafted at Schalke when the ref gave a penalty against Otamendi for handball when he had his hands behind his back. His initial decision was no penalty but when he went to review it VAR wasn't working but he bizarrely reversed his decision and gave a penalty despite seeing nothing to contradict his original decision. I know we won the game in the end and ran away with the home leg but the score was 0-0 at the time.

Then there was the blatant stamp on Aguero's foot in the area against Zagreb this season which the ref turned down and despite the clear evidence VAR didn't tell the ref to change his decision and award a penalty. (Shades of Silva at Bournemouth). Again City won but the game wasn't safe at the time of the incident.

There are multiple ways UEFA can make sure City don't win the CL. They've already made a pretty good job of it over the last 3 seasons. Bent bastards.

I would like to think City will not be taking UEFA at their word again after the previous movement of goalposts.

All today's news has achieved is to grant a window to the dark forces to apply late pressure against an non-sanction.

Again, a cynic could suggest this is exactly what is desired.

.....and maybe David Gill is an innocent bystander - come on Marvin we can all see what's going on here, a ladder is being constructed for UEFA to climb down.

Too True, UEFA raced up that ladder with undue haste and without considering actual facts and admissible evidence leaving themselves wobbling precariously at the top. This was undoubtedly because they realised they had f****d up the timeline and the statute of limitations was about to kick in on an retrospective review/punishment.

The interesting questions are:
> From the UEFA standpoint can they climb back down and still save face e.g. seeking to hand City a fine rather than a ban - but that would imply they still have to find us guilty of something and it's far from clear what that is.
> From the City perspective why should they accept a punishment if they believe there is genuinely no case to answer

I hope we don't accept any punishment whatsoever, if we do then our reputation will be forever tarnished by the media.
Thing is I really cant see UEFA admitting they got it all wrong...........

But we don't know
All we do know is that, the case has been passed up the ladder to the AC, so we are where we were before City lodged the appeal to CAS

I'm hoping that CAS have actually looked at the case and told UEFA that their process is flawed and even if they do find us guilty, City are bound to lodge the appeal again to CAS and CAS will find in our favour, so the best thing to do is say there isn't evidence with a similar statement that was made by the FA on the Sancho case

" the FA conducted a nine-month investigation into the allegations, but they could not find any evidence to substantiate the claims of City's illegal payment"
We don’t know”, which is why I used the word “seemingly” and further qualified my post with doubts about the quality of Sam Lee’s sources. Thanks anyway

We got shafted 4 times over the two legs. City also got shafted by the same Catalan hating Spanish ref who was in charge of the 2nd leg against Littlewoods against Monaco the previous season. In the home leg Monaco's keeper completely cleaned out Aguero in the area when he was through on goal within the first half an hour but instead of awarding a penalty and giving the keeper a red card he gave Monaco a free kick and Aguero a yellow card for 'diving'.

Apart from the Llorente handball last season we also got shafted at Schalke when the ref gave a penalty against Otamendi for handball when he had his hands behind his back. His initial decision was no penalty but when he went to review it VAR wasn't working but he bizarrely reversed his decision and gave a penalty despite seeing nothing to contradict his original decision. I know we won the game in the end and ran away with the home leg but the score was 0-0 at the time.

Then there was the blatant stamp on Aguero's foot in the area against Zagreb this season which the ref turned down and despite the clear evidence VAR didn't tell the ref to change his decision and award a penalty. (Shades of Silva at Bournemouth). Again City won but the game wasn't safe at the time of the incident.

There are multiple ways UEFA can make sure City don't win the CL. They've already made a pretty good job of it over the last 3 seasons. Bent bastards.

You forgot the Atalanta defender in the first game punching the ball away in the penalty area, with the ref two yards away!

Everything else, bang on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.