Finland

Vienna_70

Team supported
Treble Winners 2022/23.
The country has qualified for a major finals for the first time in its history.

Even the ‘great, side of the early part of the century, which included players like Sami Hyypiä, Jari Litmanen, Mikael Forssell and Antti Niemi, among others , didn’t manage that feat.

I spent a year - September'81-August'82 - in Finland back in my youth and so I’ve had an interest in Finnish sports ever since.

Back then, Finnish Football was terrible, but over the years it has gradually improved, though I’m still amazed that they’ve qualified.

Even the ‘great, side of the early part of the century, which included players like Sami Hyypiä, Jari Litmanen, Mikael Forssell and Antti Niemi, among others , didn’t manage that feat.

I spent a year - September'81-August'82 - in Finland back in my youth and so I’ve had an interest in Finnish sports ever since.

Back then, Finnish Football was terrible, but over the years it has gradually improved, though I’m still amazed that they’ve qualified.
How did they not qualify before with the world’s greatest player known to Rudd playing for them?

Last edited:
I'm pleased for them, I used to love growing up watching English clubs with European players from so many different countries. Estonia had Poom, Latvia had Pahars etc. just good to see.

Antti Niemi you say?

Good achievement, but very different qualifying these days for a euros than it was 20 years ago. You have to be pretty shit not to qualify now it’s been increased to 24 teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.