UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool's unpunished cheating of FFP in 2013 and 2015 come to mind. Especially the fraudulent offsetting of £35 million of FFP losses specifically against non-existent 'stadium development' for the non-existent Stanley Park Project in 2015. Now there's something for UEFA to get their teeth into...

Be interesting to know who told the Athletic that we won`t get a ban and a fine is looking likely? A fine for what exactly? We`re either guilty or we are not guilty.

Plenty of games going on in the background.

I suspect we have UEFA by the bollox.
We shouldn't accept any punishment whatsoever. Fight this all the way. We've all been led to believe it's CAS and that's it. No doubt our lawyers are looking beyond CAS.

How many months has it taken for CAS to come to a decision that they could have made in a day?
That's the puzzling thing for me. None of the journalists is asking this question. Something has been going on and my suspicion is that CAS & UEFA have been waiting for each other to make the first move. "After you". "No. After you". "I absolutely insist" etc.

If UEFA had made a final decision then CAS can hear the appeal (if they find us guilty & we want to pursue it) or can drop it (if not). On the other hand, if CAS do decide to hear the appeal before UEFA hand down their final decision then that could stymie any decision they make. I wonder if they finally decided to talk to each other with CAS agreeing to reject our appeal so that UEFA could announce their decision. That's what should have happened in the first place after all.

Or maybe (and this has just occurred to me) CAS felt there were serious deficiencies in the process UEFA followed, serious enough not to reject our appeal out of hand as they should have done, and were holding off until UEFA agreed to remedy some of the deficiencies and allow us to present the evidence we felt had been ignored originally by the IC in their haste to beat the statute of limitations. That would mean there had been some horse-trading behind the scenes between us, CAS and UEFA to get to this point.

That's the puzzling thing for me. None of the journalists is asking this question. Something has been going on and my suspicion is that CAS & UEFA have been waiting for each other to make the first move. "After you". "No. After you". "I absolutely insist" etc.

If UEFA had made a final decision then CAS can hear the appeal (if they find us guilty & we want to pursue it) or can drop it (if not). On the other hand, if CAS do decide to hear the appeal before UEFA hand down their final decision then that could stymie any decision they make. I wonder if they finally decided to talk to each other with CAS agreeing to reject our appeal so that UEFA could announce their decision. That's what should have happened in the first place after all.

Or maybe (and this has just occurred to me) CAS felt there were serious deficiencies in the process UEFA followed, serious enough not to reject our appeal out of hand as they should have done, and were holding off until UEFA agreed to remedy some of the deficiencies and allow us to present the evidence we felt had been ignored originally by the IC in their haste to beat the statute of limitations. That would mean there had been some horse-trading behind the scenes between us, CAS and UEFA to get to this point.

I think they'll have been finding a mutually beneficial arrangement. Clause (b), sub article (iii), paragraph (v) of the Executive Committee Conference of Twaddle will have some sub-clause that allows a fine for "failing to submit all information relevant to a FFP investigation in a timely fashion", City won't get the exoneration they desperately need but won't be done on the 2nd investigation, it will be some sort of technicality relating to disclosures during the first one, or some such nonsense.

I think they'll have been finding a mutually beneficial arrangement. Clause (b), sub article (iii), paragraph (v) of the Executive Committee Conference of Twaddle will have some sub-clause that allows a fine for "failing to submit all information relevant to a FFP investigation in a timely fashion", City won't get the exoneration they desperately need but won't be done on the 2nd investigation, it will be some sort of technicality relating to disclosures during the first one, or some such nonsense.
I agree. The outcome is already agreed hence those tweets from The Athletic.

Does anybody really think that the outcome makes any difference. If we win the case our enemies will just start saying ‘ we paid them off ‘ or the like. We have been found guilty by the press and the public even with a victory we wouldn’t change these opinions. People are not suddenly going to start thinking ‘wow City were innocent all along’ we should apologise for all the negativity.

Won’t happen sorry. The press certainly won’t apologise they will just find other ways to be negative. Think we have to get used to it!!

I may have dreamt this, but, I thought for some reason the appeal had already been agreed it was inadmissible due to the reasons given today as soon as it went in?
or am I getting mixed up with press rumours at the time? Anyway I think todays (yesterdays) official result is more damaging to UEFA than it is to MCFC, CAS have forced UEFA's hand to push through the saga.

Thanks to everyone's input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.