United Airlines

Dont know your born you lot...You would have something to moan about if you had survived as many sorties with Dan Air as I did........pussies.
The Dan Dare Comets were things of beauty, well they were when they were built 40 years before DD started to fly them

It was a sad sad day when United took over Continental.
I flew Continental once, not 747 but a biggish jet. Round trip to Hawaii and back for our honeymoon, back in the days when the smoking section was a curtain, wife's allergic to it, but whatever.
Drinks were included then, but what did piss me off was that if you didn't want to wait for the drinks girl to make the rounds you could go to the bar amidship and get your own. We were far in the back and after I made my way finally to the bar and ordered they said sorry, only one drink per person. Had to do the line twice every time. Chivalry is tiring.

I flew Continental once, not 747 but a biggish jet. Round trip to Hawaii and back for our honeymoon, back in the days when the smoking section was a curtain, wife's allergic to it, but whatever.
Drinks were included then, but what did piss me off was that if you didn't want to wait for the drinks girl to make the rounds you could go to the bar amidship and get your own. We were far in the back and after I made my way finally to the bar and ordered they said sorry, only one drink per person. Had to do the line twice every time. Chivalry is tiring.

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. I flew Continental many times over at least 10 years, if not more. They were not perfect, but they were angels compared with United. I know many friends and coworkers who were very disappointed when United took over Continental, and they had a point at the end. It looks like anything with “United“ in its name has something nasty about it.

I would now like to add 'orbitz' to the fuckwittery of the whole situation. I may never fly internationally again. Several phone calls to Mumbai, not being able to understand a word of the conversation, will probably lose my $3k as there is literally no where to go with my complaints and ...and....and...Aaaarrrrggghhhhhh

Good job I bought a new truck

Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. I flew Continental many times over at least 10 years, if not more. They were not perfect, but they were angels compared with United. I know many friends and coworkers who were very disappointed when United took over Continental, and they had a point at the end. It looks like anything with “United“ in its name has something nasty about it.
that was Continental in the late eighties, i know they went in transition and had a big turnaround and improved a lot before United took them, but at the time they had a bad reputation, my mom told me later that her sister, my aunt who worked for life with Air Canada got my mom worried sick when she found out we were on Continental,
"Oh dear, I hope they survive". ffs. ironic as now i don't like Air Canada at all.
my inlaws said they always took Ward Air to the UK to see relatives and my father-in-law played the Pipes at the Edinburgh Tattoo a couple times. They said it was a luxury cruise liner compared to Air Canada, who bought them out and monopolized it then cut back amenities.

FFS I’m flying with air canada to Montreal from Dublin in June ..

No problem if you see the maple leaf on the tail fin, unless you get a Quebec-based crew. Montreal eh!

Air Canada with its government backing has successfully crushed any competition Ie Canadian, Canada 3000 etc and has pretty much monopolised and dictated pricing in the Canadian air industry for years.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.