International weekend! So what we all doing!??

W W

worsleyweb

Like being a nosey bugger and finding out what people are up to.

Lads football for me this morning, then off to see my old man and probably watch Mossley play. Then off to the lakes for tea and a one night sleep over. Big walk and nice pub Sunday dinner tomorrow.

Love it!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Early wake up call at Hammerfest for a quick tour of the town, nothing much happened as it was 5:15am!
Currently an hour away from the most northern point on mainland Europe.
Temperature is -15C and feels like -19C.
Looking out of the portholes I can see snow covered mountains and, luckily, a calm sea. However the sun only rose at 9:35 and goes down at 1:15 today.
Prediction for the aurora borealis is fairly good as it’s a clear night, but solar activity is low.
Tomorrow is an early start for a King Crab expedition in the Barents Sea.

An ex-college Swindon Town supporting mate was suggesting I go to the Peninsular Stadium to watch his beloved team. I said that the 'Penisnular (sp.mistake intended) was a new one on me. Where was it? Singapore? I find out that it's the new name for that cesspit in Bandit Country. I shall forgo such a treat!

Early wake up call at Hammerfest for a quick tour of the town, nothing much happened as it was 5:15am!
Looking out of the portholes I can see snow covered mountains and, luckily, a calm sea. However the sun only rose at 9:35 and goes down at 1:15 today.
Prediction for the aurora borealis is fairly good as it’s a clear night, but solar activity is low.

We call that a heat wave in LIttleborough!

Edit
Just been told we can’t do the King Crab as we are the only ones up for it.
Have been offered a snow mobile trek or a visit to Murmansk instead, bollocks.
Murmansk is off limits as I said I’m not going back to Russia.

I thought Hammerfest was a rock festival. Bit disappointed it's a place and you are on a saga trip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.