UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, how I wish I was a lawyer working for City on this.

They must be earning a fortune thanks to UEFA.

Hopefully City will recoup some of that money by winning their rigged, fixed, and corrupt CL?
Can our owner directly fund legal fees without risking FFP problems?

It's City that are under investigation. We are not in a position to finish anyone.

We may have information, and proof but who regulates and controls football? The Premier League, the FA, UEFA etc. It's self-regulated. It's not easy bringing these people to account.

Look at Spygate. Those are incredible allegations. Only one British newspaper is following the story. I'd love to be able to turn the tables on them but it's not so easy. As Pep points out, LFC, MUFC, Arsenal, barcelona, Real madrid have been controlling football for 40 years. The institutions of football have been built by them, and are staffed by them and the media are in their pockets.

They’ve broken the law, hacking is illegal so we should take it to the right authorities.

I’m pretty certain that all of the other things we know about, collusion is also illegal & if we have a dossier n bent refs that were kept a secret whilst negotiating billion dollar deals then they can be fcked.

The social media figures for global fan base suggest otherwise, liverpool are only a few million ahead of City, it’s just another myth.

Last time I checked, across all major platforms they were three million ahead, and if I remember correctly that was mainly due to Twitter followers, it would be correct to say united are far ahead but definitely not true for liverpool.

Come on, seriously. Half of the sub-continent supports them. Our fanbase might be growing fairly rapidly, but they're 40 years ahead of us.

Does the background make much difference?

You reckon our media is going to exonerate City and apologise if UEFA do so? No they will say FFP is broke, and City's money held sway. UEFA have been bought etc etc.

All that matters is that City survive relatively unscathed so we can continue to fight on the pitch.

My hope is we get through without a ban, and that Liverpool then come under scrutiny through Spygate.
The Member Associations contribute to UEFA and of course it has commercial deals. It's just a company like any other - a business. But we have no representation at the top table. All our rivals have (even PSG) - plenty of opportunity for them to scheme against us.

I'm going to be a pedant & pick you up on terminology. CAS never heard our appeal but stated that the UEFA Adjudicatory chamber was the competent body to complete the process, rather than them.

However I do agree that there's a large element of truth in what you said as I think UEFA would have been quite happy for CAS to throw the whole investigation out as that left them looking like the injured party and us with mud still sticking to us.
Ok, they rejected our representations or whatever on the basis that UEFA is the competent body. Not quite how the media are reporting it though (no surprise there).

It was always my understanding that the AC was free to make any decision, subject to executive ratification. The Athletic's report says there wont be a punishment which means either that the AC has met, or it means that there is strong new evidence, or it means that the UEFA judicial process is not free and City have received some assurance from their executive.

Or of course the Athletic could be wrong or over-egging their understanding.

It's not clear-cut. I'm still positive because an Exclusive No ban is a strong claim and only made with good reason, but it just seems hard to justify given the reported timeline. I think it only makes sense if the case has been ongoing and subject to discussion and negotiation with UEFA after the Investigatory Chamber's referral.
Trying to understand what powers the ac have.
I thought they simply were there to administer a suitable punishment after the lower assembly found us guilty or otherwise.
Do they have the power to find an incorrect verdict ?
If so no problem but I see a situation where we are incorrectly found guilty but no punishment is delivered.

If that’s the case why did we go to the CAS in the first place?
I guess it was worth a try. Personally, I would like to see UEFA bods on the stand and cross examined by our lawyers as they try to defend FFP. As far as I'm aware, there's no law in 'this' country preventing someone taking over a business and growing it to compete with the established giants. What's wrong with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.