Raheem Sterling and Gomez - "bust up" at England camp

Facing adversity and dredging up the wherewithal to overcome it is something that appears not to be on a modern agenda! It seems that no matter what befalls someone there is a concomitant amount of trauma!
Now now Dave don't be getting all Wordsworth on us:)

Last edited:
Mane, VD and Lallana were all prised from Soton through the financial might of Liverpool. And, what was said? Do Soton fans continue with a witch hunt of the aforementioned?

Sterling left an inconsistent and, relatively speaking, a struggling Liverpool team at the time to improve his career, develop professionally, win trophies and earn more money. What is wrong with that?

"No one leaves Liverpool" said the arrogant Phil Thompson. Then the death threats began, Liverpool ex players lined up to vilify Sterling for wanting to better himself, the media latched onto a story, fans across the country joined in and eventually he was booed at national level by England fans.

Yet there is barely a mention of any of this. He was hung out to dry and it all started at Liverpool as so much does. Away at Chelsea when he was racially abused was the turning point. This would probably have passed with little comment had Sterling not challenged the media and only at that point was there respite from the abuse piled on him.

The media then did a complete turn round, because they were wrong, discredited and had been shown up for what they are. So they created Saint Sterling, which he is not. He is though a very good player and has become, unwillingly, a spokesperson for many. He has endured more and come through more than any of us can properly appreciate notwithstanding the compensations of wealth.

What exactly happened between Gomez and Sterling is not clear. What is clear though is that generally the media treatment of a Liverpool player is inevitably different and more favourable.

Fantastic to see how much the media is getting behind Gomez following the booing he has received - and such a pity that the same spineless cnuts totally ignored the abuse that Sterling got from the dipper cult .

Fucking hypocrisy at it's best - should be the slogan on the dipper tracksuits .

Mane, VD and Lallana were all prised from Soton through the financial might of Liverpool. And, what was said? Do Soton fans continue with a witch hunt of the aforementioned?

Sterling left an inconsistent and, relatively speaking, a struggling Liverpool team at the time to improve his career, develop professionally, win trophies and earn more money. What is wrong with that?

"No one leaves Liverpool" said the arrogant Phil Thompson. Then the death threats began, Liverpool ex players lined up to vilify Sterling for wanting to better himself, the media latched onto a story, fans across the country joined in and eventually he was booed at national level by England fans.

Yet there is barely a mention of any of this. He was hung out to dry and it all started at Liverpool as so much does. Away at Chelsea when he was racially abused was the turning point. This would probably have passed with little comment had Sterling not challenged the media and only at that point was there respite from the abuse piled on him.

The media then did a complete turn round, because they were wrong, discredited and had been shown up for what they are. So they created Saint Sterling, which he is not. He is though a very good player and has become, unwillingly, a spokesperson for many. He has endured more and come through more than any of us can properly appreciate notwithstanding the compensations of wealth.

What exactly happened between Gomez and Sterling is not clear. What is clear though is that generally the media treatment of a Liverpool player is inevitably different and more favourable.

And that the ex-players of liverpool are a set of bitter hypocrites and cnuts , and want to keep their respective part in their 'Istory alive and kicking.

Sorry, I’ll get pelters for this I know and I won’t harp on anymore - but Southgate has absolutely nothing to apologise for. Why? Because he’s the manager and he can do whatever the hell he likes.
He could drop Kane for the Euros.
He could decide never to player Sterling again for whatever reason.
He could not play any Hammers players ever.
He could play Pickford up front.

he is the appointed England manager , he must do what he feels is best. When that is taken away from him by media and fan pressure then I would lose a lot of respect for the game. It’s his neck on the line, for us fans all we should care about is performances and results - only when they are not happening should we slag him off.
If I was England manager, no way would I have omitted Sterling from the squad, I would also have a different line up and formation, but I’m not the bloody manager so it’s easy for us lot to say what he should or shouldn’t be doing but end of the day he must do and choose what he feels best.
Utter bollocks... ... Consider yourself pelted . !

you have never attended or watched a game with man city and daniel sturridge involved for the opposition.

Hypocrisy is indeed high.
Never known any Footy broadcast turn up the volume for such abuse,swear words included...and if your an honest Liverpool fan you would instantly agree .you ve jumped into my post and replied without thinking it through sir.....I,ll say it again...The(media) Hypocrisy is high.

I think what really hurts them the most is that everything Raheem was trying to achieve by leaving Liverpool: self improvement, the opportunity to play with better players, better technical coaching and, above all else, the opportunity to win major trophies has all come to fruition. The realisation that the football world doesn't start and end at Anfield seems to have been like a kick in the nuts to many of them and the resulting fall out isn't pretty to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.