As Things Stand...

for me it would be

Sell: Gundogan, Mendy, Bravo
Might leave: Sane

Out of contract: David Silva (think it would almost be disrespectful to try and convince him to stay unless he has a change of heart)

I think in the next two transfer windows we MUST buy:

1. A centre half (commanding in the air and ball playing) - this would leave us with Stones Laporte, New player and the two young lads.

2. A left sided winger (dont like the look of the lad called Oyarzabal (reminds me too much of Mahrez and think we need something different). This Sancho has also burnt his bridges with the club (and that suggests an attitude problem as well)

3 A left back if Mendy doesnt up his performances to slug it out with Angelino (and we dont know if he is going to be consistently good enough yet)

4. A midfielder to replace/take Gundogans spot - for me he just doesnt offer anything near as much as any of the other midfielders - we need better.

5. A young striker to compete with Jesus once Kun hangs up his boots.

It will all depend on Peps position however - a new manager at some point may well have very different opinions on ALL the players.

Contracts

We have 3 players who’s contracts are up at the end of the season.

David Silva, Fernandinho and Bravo.

Carson will be off after his loan expires too.

Merlin should not be replaced. Leave it to Bernardo, Foden and Gundogan to fill that gap which frees up a foreign spot. Fernandinho has been in talks for a new 1 year deal which I’d imagine both parties would jump at the chance to finalise.

The part that intrigues me the most is the situation with the keepers. Ederson will be our only senior goalie. We have Steffan and Muric out on loan but are they expected to come back and deputise?

Players That May Leave
  • Otamendi
  • Sane
Players We’ve Been Linked To

These are rumours floating about, will update as and when. Won’t include youth prospects.

GK
  • N/A
Defence
  • Soyuncu
  • Fry
  • Skriniar
  • Ake
  • Dias
Midfield
  • Florentino
  • Aouar
  • Fabian Ruiz
  • Bentancur
  • Odegaard
  • Havertz
  • Tonali
Forwards
  • Häland
  • Martinez
  • Sancho
  • Oyarzabal

Dybala
Vinincius Jr
Koulibaly

I

Personally think Mahrez will leave in the summer if we can get some sort of decent fee, great footballer but no sure he is right for our team.

Have added in Koulibaly, Evans, Dembele and Coman to the list.

Don’t see any of these happening personally, maybe Evans to fill the quota and have a wiser head at the back. Would like Koulibaly but it’s a big outlay for the time we’d get out of him.

Definitely feel we should stay clear of Dembele, horrible attitude problems and having him and Mendy together could bring out the worst in them. Coman is too injury prone and probably has a bit of Michael Owen syndrome.

I believe that over the next couple of windows we will see a number of changes.

I suspect we will lose the Bravo, Ottomendi, Merlin and Sane, Personally i think Foden will replace Merlin. I just hope our scouting is up to speed to get the replacements in.

I'd love City to sign Chilwell. I suspect the centre back and midfield priorities will prevent it from happening but I think he'd be a massive upgrade on Mendy (certainly on his current showing).

Otamendi and Sane will be replaced in January I guess. So if Foden replaces Silva then there is no panic. Only back up GK left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.