Running thread

Conwy half in the morning, closing in on 1000 miles for the year. Hoping to go low 1:40’s in the morning but it’s got the Great Orme in the middle so we’ll see.
Good luck with the run. I've fond memories of Llandudno. My grandparents had a guest house there in the sixties. My grandmother got a house up the Orme in the seventies, and we'd spend every summer on holiday there.

I sincerely hope you are running around the Orme and not up it! I'd love to run around it one day.

Good luck with the run. I've fond memories of Llandudno. My grandparents had a guest house there in the sixties. My grandmother got a house up the Orme in the seventies, and we'd spend every summer on holiday there.

I sincerely hope you are running around the Orme and not up it! I'd love to run around it one day.
Up and down it mate. Did it last year but had an injury so struggled, hoping to enjoy it more this time round.

I find the endorphins I get from a good run is the best high in the world (and I have tried, ehem, other means) it really is amazing.

I've just downloaded the Nike Running Club app and clocked up 3km on my first run using it. Going to try for 5k before the end of the week, I find the mental clarity it gives me just as good as the high.

I find the endorphins I get from a good run is the best high in the world (and I have tried, ehem, other means) it really is amazing.

I've just downloaded the Nike Running Club app and clocked up 3km on my first run using it. Going to try for 5k before the end of the week, I find the mental clarity it gives me just as good as the high.
Agreed, I often get runners high although the intensity varies quite a lot. Best one was at the Preston guild marathon in 2012. I've run 5 marathons and usually suffered having hit the wall at the 22 mile mark. At Preston though I went through 23 miles feeling good and waiting for the expected crash which did not happen. It was pissing with rain, cold, my nipples were bleeding but the last 3 miles were incredible, felt like floating and running faster and faster. Finished just outside the good for age time of 3.15. Biggest buzz ever, apart from Augeroooooo the same year!

Agreed, I often get runners high although the intensity varies quite a lot. Best one was at the Preston guild marathon in 2012. I've run 5 marathons and usually suffered having hit the wall at the 22 mile mark. At Preston though I went through 23 miles feeling good and waiting for the expected crash which did not happen. It was pissing with rain, cold, my nipples were bleeding but the last 3 miles were incredible, felt like floating and running faster and faster. Finished just outside the good for age time of 3.15. Biggest buzz ever, apart from Augeroooooo the same year!

Wow - I know what you mean about that high. Most times, for me, the highs are the next day or the few hours after exercise (why doing a Park Run on Saturday morning lifts your day). But I've had those floating highs whilst exercising/running too. Actually, I get them a lot doing Kettle Bell swings believe it or not...this incredible lightness of being. Imagine being 'high' like this and not feeling awful (quite the opposite) the next day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.