Should we prioritise Champions League now?

How is this even a question that's being asked in November lol, we're going to make it out of our group regardless of whether or not we 'prioritise' the CL. Then the knockouts don't start until February, so obviously our focus will be on the league for the next couple of months. The points gap may be completely different by the time the knockouts begin. We're not just gonna give up the league in November in preparation for some games in February.

Last edited:
I'm not sure there's energy left in this team to fight it again on all fronts. We have lot of injuries and 3 years with Pep is very draining, specially to some older players that are still important for us.

Should we just secure top 4, eventually play it easy in League Cup and throw everything on Champions League? It's not guaranteed or close to that even then, but I doubt we are strong enough to do it if we go for everything again.
We will NOT be allowed to win it UEFA fecking hate us

I personally don’t think we’re quite good enough to win the champions league just yet.
And we won’t get a better chance than last season.
All hypothetical I know but, If that late Son winner in the first leg last year doesn’t go in and we get back to our place in the second leg all even, it’s a completely different outcome.

You look at all the teams across Europe this year that are usually in the mix for being front runners to lift the trophy, the majority of them have strengthened.
Knockout tournaments in europe are like a lottery. Let’s say we prioritise it, end up slipping down the league and end up getting fucked over in the quarters from stupid VAR decision or what not.
I fancy our chances again in the carabao. If peps gonna give up any trophy I reckon it’ll be the FA cup this year.

Busy period of domestic fixtures coming up, one or two games swinging in favour over the festive period and all could change. Let’s just take each game as it comes and see where we’re at come February.

This will sort itself out. If City are out of contention for the Premier League at the sharp end on the Champions League competition, then maybe?

Otherwise, City will play it ‘next match takes priority’. If City can’t win the Premier League, the the League Cup, the FA Cup and the Champions League will have to do.

We (most likely) don’t need to think about it until February. Long way to go until then.
This. This is peaking early even for the traditional dipper title win. Also, the CL is wank - even Spurs can get to the final and teams that are sixth in their domestic leagues can win it. It's probably on a par with the carabou cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.