Last Film You Saw

Irishman. Scorcese at his best, not quite as good as Goodfellas, but not far behind. Immense film and De Niro excelled again.

Le Mans ‘66

7/10 - The story of Ford vs Ferrari at Le Mans in the 60s is a great tale that all petrol heads know and it’s great to see Hollywood give it their best with a fine assortment of actors. Christian Bale in particular nails the awkward, difficult but ultimately helpful nature of the Brummie main protagonist Ken Miles with some great witty one liners and a personality that I feel us Brits will relate to more than most on the big screen.

The story telling is good but I felt a little let down by what I would consider the meat of the film which for me is the racing scenes. This might be a bit harsh but it felt more Driven (2001- The one with Stallone) than Le Mans (1970 - The one with McQueen) with drivers somehow talking to each other over their loud racing machines or the old cliche of finding another gear or actually pressing the accelerator harder and finding an extra 5 mph...

It’s a decent film and for story and acting it’s easily the best racing film ever (Only Rush gets close) but ultimately it’s doesn’t have the best racing scenes. Le Mans with Steve McQueen is still the king for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.