Michael Oliver to ref Liverpool v City - City lodge complaint

Yeah should have added to my post...or nothing at all.

Probably!

To be fair though, I'd not expect the club to go public with this at all - all it does is entrench opinion. I don't know how it came to be public in the first place, and it is possible that it primarily focusses on the VAR side of things, and the Oliver involvement is not the main thrust.

I remember Mark Hughes complaining about Clattenburg after his comments and performance at ~Bolton - slagging off Bellers and then incorrectly sending him off. The league asked us to keep it low profile and said they’d ‘deal with it’. The next game Clattenburg refereed us in he sent one off and awarded two pens against us. I have no faith that officiating will improve - it’s simply not incompetence- there is an agenda to reinstall Liverpool as Champions.

Those looking at win % etc in relation to refs
You need to compare them vs our actual win rate for a period
So say we're winning 75% of games, but with say Clattenburg only 33%, that bears looking at
Opposite way round, say crystal Palace aren't winning any matches and Jon Moss refs them to a 75% win ratio surrounded by a standard of 15%, that's dodgy

concerning Oliver and City I'm sure we are all in agreement that incompetence is like a five count for the Holy Hand Grenade, it's right out.
I think Oliver is a fairly decent referee; just not where City are concerned. The last few times I've witnessed him ref us it's pretty much textbook bent reffing. He gets in the way of our passing, blocks our runners, pulls up play when he should be playing advantage, gives fouls against us for things the opposition get away with, books our players for the first challenge when their players foul with impunity amongst other things. This has the added effect of winding our players up and causing frustration, which often boils over like it did against Chelsea when both Aguero and Fern got sent off.

The thing with bent reffing is they don't have to do it for 90 minutes; just enough to get a reaction from our players. With the more effective cheats it is often difficult to spot unless you really watch for it. And let's face it, most people are watching the players.

I think Oliver is a fairly decent referee; just not where City are concerned. The last few times I've witnessed him ref us it's pretty much textbook bent reffing. He gets in the way of our passing, blocks our runners, pulls up play when he should be playing advantage, gives fouls against us for things the opposition get away with, books our players for the first challenge when their players foul with impunity amongst other things. This has the added effect of winding our players up and causing frustration, which often boils over like it did against Chelsea when both Aguero and Fern got sent off.

The thing with bent reffing is they don't have to do it for 90 minutes; just enough to get a reaction from our players. With the more effective cheats it is often difficult to spot unless you really watch for it. And let's face it, most people are watching the players.
why quote me with this? it's quite obvious i'm aware, not one new thing here.

For the last couple of seasons I've kept part of one eye on these cheating bastards, and in that time I have arrived at one conclusion - they are cheating bastards. About the only one who could have fucked us over and didn't was Kevin Friend in the Cup Final. He could, as a fair number of cheating bastards would have done, given Watford two pens and disallowed David Silva's goal for the contact on the Watford defender prior to thumping the ball home. And there were other incidents in that game where I have seen refs in other games call a halt to play and award a fictitious free kick - we suffered a few in the semi v Brighton - or ignore a blatant foul on one of ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.