Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never wanted him before he went to Leicester and certainly don't want him now. Sooner stick with what we have got that buy shit like this.

Me to Mike, I'd rather hav the money in the bank for a CB that would improve us for several years and not 1 or 2.

This is one of the cases where the guy has been memed so hard that people are afraid to acknowledge that he is a great CB and has always been so because admitting that would mean changing their opinion and in some cases, exposing themselves to look like fools or painfully biased for all the shite they spouted a year or so back. Shame. He's a rag cnut but a very good CB and a leader.

I don't think he's always been a 'great' CB at all. Great? Always? Nah. He's been a decent one at times, and now one that's probably in the best form of his career. Fair play to him, but he was definitely not always great. Far from it. Even now, in his best form, he's still not close to the level of someone like Laporte or VVD. He's below that level, and he doesn't have the ability to reach them. There's no shame in that but just not the answer to our problems. He's 32 in 6 weeks, not particularly fast and would probably end up costing an arm and a leg now he's settled at Leicester. He's a stop gap at best. We just have to be more creative and considered than that and aim for someone capable of being the best in the world, otherwise what's the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.