65 Year Old Man Dies At Job Centre

It’s worth waiting for further details before speculating.

It could equally be either their fault with their aggressive policy on this or it could a freak accident/heart attack etc.
I would hope that people on here don't use this sad event to score political points. But I won't hold my breath on that.

My dr has had people in hospital and terminal who have been fit for work because the couldn't get to the assessment and atos don't take excuses of any sort,seen lots in the papers as well,the system needs to change

A friend of mine, David from Hulme, is 63 and the job centre is constantly pressuring him to find employment. Badgering him to provide proof of seeking work, grilling him in interviews, sending him on 6-week jobclubs etc. The mental strain of it all is taking a heavy toll on him. Even though he endeavours to remain positive, his face is all twisted and furrowed from the emotional toil of it all.

Last edited:
A universal credit claim now takes on average 4-6 to process, why is this? So people have no way to pay bills, heating, food etc but also it used to be jobseekers allowance where you had to sign a jobseekers agreement, is this still the case,.They changed it to universal credit so people got all the money and had to pay their own rent and council tax, they said this was to prepare these people for when they got a.job so they would learn to budget, it is all bullshit, they know if you give an alcoholic his dole plus the rent he would spend it, it is because there is a housing crisis so want to get the non contributors to tax on the street

A friend of mine, David from Hulme, is 63 and the job centre is constantly pressuring him to find employment. Badgering him to provide proof of seeking work, grilling him in interviews, sending him on 6-week jobclubs etc. The mental strain of it all is taking a heavy toll on him. Even though he endeavours to remain positive, his face is all twisted and furrowed from the emotional toil of it all.
Out if interest, why does he not want work?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.