Panorama - food for thought

I haven't seen Panorama do a programme about the systematic murder, rape and ethnic cleansing in Burma where many many thousands have been brutally killed but hey let's slag off our soldiers.....again. I am sure that idiot from Good Morning Britain will have a photo or two that he can add to the story.

I haven't seen Panorama do a programme about the systematic murder, rape and ethnic cleansing in Burma where many many thousands have been brutally killed but hey let's slag off our soldiers.....again. I am sure that idiot from Good Morning Britain will have a photo or two that he can add to the story.

You may well find the allegations uncomfortable and seek to deflect - maybe Panorama will do a programme on Burma but as a British based broadcaster broadcasting to a British audience things that should be investigated in relation to the actions of British troops is both of public interest and part of the BBC remit. Your post adds nothing of substance to the discussion - IF and as I say if there have been some mis-deeds these should be investigated and if needs be prosecuted. lets say 50 personnel have transgressed - they cast a cloud on the efforts of thousands of service personnel who did their best in a difficult conflict. The thousands deserve to have their service honoured not tarnished by rogue individuals.

You may well find the allegations uncomfortable and seek to deflect - maybe Panorama will do a programme on Burma but as a British based broadcaster broadcasting to a British audience things that should be investigated in relation to the actions of British troops is both of public interest and part of the BBC remit. Your post adds nothing of substance to the discussion - IF and as I say if there have been some mis-deeds these should be investigated and if needs be prosecuted. lets say 50 personnel have transgressed - they cast a cloud on the efforts of thousands of service personnel who did their best in a difficult conflict. The thousands deserve to have their service honoured not tarnished by rogue individuals.

The only reason I find the allegations uncomfortable is this is just a follow on from the disgraceful allegations that were made about soldiers serving in Iraq. The government gave thousands and thousands of pounds to criminals who called themselves Solicitors. They paid people to claim torture etc. and all the while innocent soldiers suffered months/years of worry, in fear of wrongful arrest and prosecution. It is simply a programme filler from the politically driven BBC who have no shame.
We as a nation seem to have forgotten Piers Morgan disgraceful slur on our brave lads and don't seem to mind him being on TV everyday. What a skewed society we are. We ignore real war crimes for the sake of cheap journalism.

The only reason I find the allegations uncomfortable is this is just a follow on from the disgraceful allegations that were made about soldiers serving in Iraq. The government gave thousands and thousands of pounds to criminals who called themselves Solicitors. They paid people to claim torture etc. and all the while innocent soldiers suffered months/years of worry, in fear of wrongful arrest and prosecution. It is simply a programme filler from the politically driven BBC who have no shame.
We as a nation seem to have forgotten Piers Morgan disgraceful slur on our brave lads and don't seem to mind him being on TV everyday. What a skewed society we are. We ignore real war crimes for the sake of cheap journalism.
Indeed.

It is simply a programme filler from the politically driven BBC who have no shame.

No mate its not. Moron is a fucking joke who somehow survived his disgraceful fit up of British forces but that was serious journalism which could - just could - have revealed a cover up of real war crimes. As I say the truth needs to come out or this hangs over ALL service personnel like a bad smell

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50435474

No mate its not. Moron is a fucking joke who somehow survived his disgraceful fit up of British forces but that was serious journalism which could - just could - have revealed a cover up of real war crimes. As I say the truth needs to come out or this hangs over ALL service personnel like a bad smell

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50435474

They said the truth needed to come out over Iraq, eventually it did and they were sent to prison but not after innocent people suffered months/years of worry. Why is this programme any different to that farce ? Politically driven shit stirrers who are not interested in the truth, not interested in real war crimes, not interested in anything but their own agenda.

They said the truth needed to come out over Iraq, eventually it did and they were sent to prison but not after innocent people suffered months/years of worry. Why is this programme any different to that farce ? Politically driven shit stirrers who are not interested in the truth, not interested in real war crimes, not interested in anything but their own agenda.

You can hold your view as you are entitled to do. However until these allegations are resolved sadly questions will persist and some fine people find their service stained.

I wonder if soldiers that killed one or two people in dubious circumstances will get to give a half hearted apology and carry on as if nothing happened like Tony Blair did post chilcot?

I still hold out the hope that in this internet age Blair and Bush will be called to explain their actions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.