Panorama - food for thought

You can hold your view as you are entitled to do. However until these allegations are resolved sadly questions will persist and some fine people find their service stained.

In the media thread in the other forum posters call out so called journalists who make up crap about our club and its owners, why is this programme any different to what Castles and the like do ? You are right when you say sadly questions will persist, they persist because threads like this keep the witch hunt alive.

In the media thread in the other forum posters call out so called journalists who make up crap about our club and its owners, why is this programme any different to what Castles and the like do ? You are right when you say sadly questions will persist, they persist because threads like this keep the witch hunt alive.

The difference is in the detail. There was clear evidence exposed of the authorities shutting down investigations. This isn't made up crap. I can sense you are angry but you have to accept that there may be some validity to the claims and the only way to clear names is to follow the evidence trial BUT if someone is guilty of a misdemeanour they are guilty end of. Castles makes shit up - this was way way more than what Castles does.

I wonder if soldiers that killed one or two people in dubious circumstances will get to give a half hearted apology and carry on as if nothing happened like Tony Blair did post chilcot?
I think people understand that honest mistakes can happen in the confusion of war. There's a big difference between that and the sort of systematic and premeditated torture we saw somewhere like Abu Ghraib, which was also uncovered by journalists. And again in that case we had the (US this time) government trying to cover it up, but eventually led to eleven individuals being convicted when the evidence became overwhelming. I haven't seen the programme because I'm not in the UK right now, but it's ridiculous to argue that allegations shouldn't even be investigated because they're doing a hard job or because it would be damaging to our reputation abroad. I think it's far more damaging to cover these things up and have them leak later.

If there is an investigation fair enough,report it then.I hate trial by television
There has been investigations into alleged crimes in Northen Ireland up to 50 years agos. Cant see how any one could get a fair trial if prosecuted.

The difference is in the detail. There was clear evidence exposed of the authorities shutting down investigations. This isn't made up crap. I can sense you are angry but you have to accept that there may be some validity to the claims and the only way to clear names is to follow the evidence trial BUT if someone is guilty of a misdemeanour they are guilty end of. Castles makes shit up - this was way way more than what Castles does.

Ergh what's a misdemeanour? Unless you are an American commenting on UK soldiers ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.