Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds

And? It was dissapointing in my opinion so I posted the LP for an alternative version of HG Wells classic so my original post and title is correct as this is about the LP, it is still possible to comment on the tv show or movies too.

Just post the album references ( I think its great BTW ) and don't venture into comment on the BBC production. It invites comparisons and comments that clearly you weren't intending to be made.

Jeff Wayne’s War of the Worlds is a brilliant album, been listening to it since 1978. There is a dvd available, of a live performance, (royal Albert hall?) with JW conducting, and Justin Hayward singing, a cracking watch. I always loved the song Forever Autum, even before I knew it was part of a musical. And the Thunder Child section is very moving.

Overall, I absolutely *love* the tunefulness of it. And, last but not least, Richard Burton’s delivery is to die for!! God, that voice!!

Last edited:
It's not the most faithful adaption, but I used to love this film when I was a kid.

It also had one of the all-time great film screams.

That’s Jeff Waynes War of The Worlds,The BBC one is more faithful to the book whether it succeeds or not, it’s not the same thing as a concept album version and didn’t expect it to be. As for the album got sick of hearing it played by my roommate at college in 1980 I think, and have avoided it since.

It was utterly wank, Christ even the Tom Cruise film was better than this monstrosity!!

What was with the **** sat listening to music whilst everyone else was digging at the 'meteor' site all about?

And when i say digging why were the digging 20 feet away from it??

Going back for the fucking dog?

As for some of the fucking acting in it...........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.