#26 | Riyad Mahrez - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was Sanchez we were after that summer. We hadn't even bid for him by the time Sancho's contract negotiation broke down.
and then we switched to Mahrez in the closing weeks - I agree the pursuit of Sanchez was equally a factor, it is not a question of Mahrez as an individual but of his position in the squad, the same as Sanchez. I think everyone accepts now that it was a mistake and our defence should have been the priority. Sancho and Sane would have been an excellent competing pair for the Mahrez/Sanchez role.

Last edited:
and then we switched to Mahrez in the closing weeks - I agree the pursuit of Sanchez was equally a factor, it is not a question of Mahrez as an individual but of his position in the squad, the same as Sanchez. I think everyone accepts now that it was a mistake and our defence shoud have been the priority. Sancho and Sane would have been an excellent competing pair for the Mahrez/Sanchez role.

And again Sancho had already decided to go before any of this. Perhaps because he saw Sane and Sterling and possibly Diaz in his way but hey let's blame it on Mahrez.

If he'd reproduced his Leicester form with us (or arguably been allowed to) there wouldn't be an issue.

He largely has so far this season.

Back to the Sancho thing, perhaps Bernardo's arrival was the straw, makes sense in terms of timing.

He largely has so far this season.
Back to the Sancho thing, perhaps Bernardo's arrival was the straw, makes sense in terms of timing.
On Bernardo also being a factor in Sancho's departure we can agree, on Riyad's performances so far, sadly we cannot. He'll be playing against Chelsea though so let's hope his gifts are on show then.

I see he's away promoting animal cruelty on his instagram.
I saw a pic of him with a tiger,out of order that is

EJ7njG2X0AYQFMB.jpg

Nothing to do with sane,he plays on the left
Spurs away, CL. Sane deserved to start that game. To me, if Pep selects him more towards the end of last season, he would've signed a contract. I understand it was mainly Bernardo and Raheem. But, yea, Mahrez was an unneccessary buy. Sane proved more than competent the season before. Should've left that spot for the next young player.

Spurs away, CL. Sane deserved to start that game. To me, if Pep selects him more towards the end of last season, he would've signed a contract. I understand it was mainly Bernardo and Raheem. But, yea, Mahrez was an unneccessary buy. Sane proved more than competent the season before. Should've left that spot for the next young player.
I'm a big sane fan but there is nothing to say he would have been played more,he is clearly frustrating pep about something,we have to balance the team between the younger and the more experienced,mahrez was a great player to bring in,we fans see things in a very black and white way but clearly juggling the team for 4 comps is quite a feat so we have to trust that the club and pep knows what he is doing,it's not like we are struggling to win things is it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.