TV Series

It is a show for TV not a documentary. They cannot cast 100os of people, each with complex story-lines

I think it's well filmed and gives different, if not basic, perspectives

They didn't need to have interaction between the two characters on Dunkirk beach, it was unnecessary and there were plenty of other people available. I'm still to be convinced how the man got from Warsaw (avoiding German and Russian forces) and got to Dunkirk by foot and bumping into British forces.

The injured brother didn't need to interact with the doctor in Paris (not sure he would have been taken there anyway from Dunkirk) as it served no purpose to the eventual path the brother would take.

The chance of bumping into someone in the middle of war-stricken Poland countryside is quite frankly ridiculous, this could have been handled by elevating the Polish girl's story into being rescued by Polish resistance forces and somehow her getting a message back to her husband via the war office whereby he then decides to rescue her via this secret mission (of which we don't know much).

It's a poorly written story in my opinion.

They didn't need to have interaction between the two characters on Dunkirk beach, it was unnecessary and there were plenty of other people available. I'm still to be convinced how the man got from Warsaw (avoiding German and Russian forces) and got to Dunkirk by foot and bumping into British forces.

The injured brother didn't need to interact with the doctor in Paris (not sure he would have been taken there anyway from Dunkirk) as it served no purpose to the eventual path the brother would take.

The chance of bumping into someone in the middle of war-stricken Poland countryside is quite frankly ridiculous, this could have been handled by elevating the Polish girl's story into being rescued by Polish resistance forces and somehow her getting a message back to her husband via the war office whereby he then decides to rescue her via this secret mission (of which we don't know much).

It's a poorly written story in my opinion.

Each to their own but I enjoyed it.

Anyone given 'The Devil Next Door' a go on Netflix? and if so do you reckon guilty or not?.
Yeah, I watched it, very interesting, I don't think he was guilty of the charges levelled at him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was involved somewhere along the line, in another capacity. The witnesses in the Israeli trial weren't exactly great!

That's the thing, I sort of did. The CGI scenes were good and it did have different story lines to the usual. I'll probably watch the second series as there's only six (?) episodes and it's always better than what's on ITV.

6.5/10 I'd say.

Slightly off-topic but I find all ITV dramas awful. They might start off ok but then end up finishing very poorly

Narcos Mexico turned out far better than I thought. I imagined it would be a slightly watered down version of the first 3 (the third one I loved) but it's potentially raised the stakes on all the previous seasons. Great cast and characters and gorgeous photography...stunning.

Mexico was the third one wasn't it? Or have I missed one?

so what do we make of The Crown series three. I watched the first couple of episodes and really miss Claire Foy and Venessa Kirby. Two extremely talented actors who gave their characters real depth. Olivia Coleman and Helena Bonham Carter not in the same league for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.