Leeds away 1977 FA Cup

I remember going to a cup game at Leeds, probably this one, with my 5 years older brother and some of his mates. I remember being advised that if we were asked to say where we were from to say Brighouse. Needless to say we got approached by a group of Leeds fans before the game, got asked where we were from, and one of my brothers dafter mates gave the unscripted response of “Manchester, what of it you white rose cunnt”. I was shitting it, fortunately the Leeds fans shat it more and just fucked off

Your experiences mirror that of my own. South of Brum I only ever went to Bristol City and QPR in 76/77 and also Chelsea in 1971 ECWC semi-final. Did most of West and East Midlands grounds and most of Lancashire in the mid/ late 70s.
Got married in 1981 and had 2 daughters in 82 and 83. Only did the occasional away match (Notts County 85 and Derby County 90) until about 12/13 years ago.Then started doing 6/7 aways each year with my youngest daughter.
As you say,compared to the 70s each away game is easy,wearing club colours no problem,lots of children and families in attendance.
How do you get tickets? Supporters club no doubt. Another change since those days, away ticket availability

How do you get tickets? Supporters club no doubt. Another change since those days, away ticket availability
Yep back in the 70s you just paid in cash at the turnstile into the away end.
My daughter moved to her own house 5 years ago and now has 2 boys, 1 aged two,and 1 aged 6 months(Both will be future City fans if I have anything to do with it).
So I jacked the away games in,just do the occasional local one now and again. PNE in the Carabao Cup was my first away in about 4 years.

I remember going to a cup game at Leeds, probably this one, with my 5 years older brother and some of his mates. I remember being advised that if we were asked to say where we were from to say Brighouse. Needless to say we got approached by a group of Leeds fans before the game, got asked where we were from, and one of my brothers dafter mates gave the unscripted response of “Manchester, what of it you white rose cunnt”. I was shitting it, fortunately the Leeds fans shat it more and just fucked off
I may have told this story on here before.
Leeds away in 1975 and about 10 of us walking back to our cars and I ended up at the back of the group.
I noticed a couple of Leeds scrotes giving the younger brother of one of our crew a bit of grief,so I silently approached them from the rear and as they were ready to start on Damien I reached out and cracked their heads together. Both yelped out in pain,turned around to confront me and then decided to join their mates on the other side of the road.
Our lot squared up to them,but the Police were soon between us and moved everybody away. Bet those 2 scrotes had sore heads for a couple of days afterwards.

If you'd have said Brighouse you would have still been scraping with them, there's no love lost between Huddersfield and Leeds fans.

Yep back in the 70s you just paid in cash at the turnstile into the away end.
My daughter moved to her own house 5 years ago and now has 2 boys, 1 aged two,and 1 aged 6 months(Both will be future City fans if I have anything to do with it).
So I jacked the away games in,just do the occasional local one now and again. PNE in the Carabao Cup was my first away in about 4 years.
Supporters clubs are the best outlet , they are far stricter now on who gets them but most games you can get them without a problem . Never really understood what some people's beef on here with the SC is tbh ? In the dark days of 98 /99 it was the SC that kept the club going , a great many in the SC then are still in it .

DFs coach used to leave town after midnight for a London away game,remember getting to Croydon for Palace about 6 am in December 1980 a 3-2 win.
Yep, remember that, pick up on Oxford St after clubs shut on Friday night. Nowhere open at 6 am and fcukin freezing!

Supporters clubs are the best outlet , they are far stricter now on who gets them but most games you can get them without a problem . Never really understood what some people's beef on here with the SC is tbh ? In the dark days of 98 /99 it was the SC that kept the club going , a great many in the SC then are still in it .

You're not supposed to say that out loud on here, it contradicts the official line and reveals an uncomfortable truth; if you don't have enough points for away games join a supporters club and jump the queue.

The vast majority of City fans are not members of a supporters club and never have been. The idea that supporters club members carried the club through he dark days is complete bollocks.

As you rightly point out,the enmity between City and Leeds goes back 50 years to the days of Don Revie's Leeds team.
Every City fan that I know who is over the age of 50 hates these sheep shagging twats with a passion.
And then you get the younger guys going on the Leeds United thread saying they can't wait for Leeds to be promoted back to the EPL, they will bring a full allocation to The Etihad etc.
All I can say to the younger guys who post such drivel is ask your Dad about what it was like back in the 70s/80s vs Leeds and then take his advice!!!

Well.........I'm in my 50's and my first game at Leeds was the boxing day where Kiddo scored 2 and I don't think I've missed one there since. I would love Leeds back up again, it's got to be better going to grounds with a bit of passion rather than the sterile shite that is most of the premier league grounds. Must be why I prefer Napoli & Roma etc to Madrid & Barcelona.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.