65 Year Old Man Dies At Job Centre

My NHS pension which they now tax
Yeah, that's how it works. I'm an expat so I'm not entitled to a proper pension and have to put it into a long-term savings account instead. That means that I get taxed on it before it goes into the pension but when I retire, I'll be able to take it out tax free. That sounds good, but it ultimately means I pay more tax because when I retire, I'm unlikely to be hitting the same tax bracket that I'm in now, so getting a tax saving now would be more beneficial. With a real pension you get that income tax free when you were working, and then pay tax on it when you retire instead, which for most people means they pay a lower rate of tax than they would have when they were working.

Yeah, that's how it works. I'm an expat so I'm not entitled to a proper pension and have to put it into a long-term savings account instead. That means that I get taxed on it before it goes into the pension but when I retire, I'll be able to take it out tax free. That sounds good, but it ultimately means I pay more tax because when I retire, I'm unlikely to be hitting the same tax bracket that I'm in now, so getting a tax saving now would be more beneficial. With a real pension you get that income tax free when you were working, and then pay tax on it when you retire instead, which for most people means they pay a lower rate of tax than they would have when they were working.
Glad you could understand that lot lol.one think i know they dont make it easy for us lol

Glad you could understand that lot lol.one think i know they dont make it easy for us lol
Tell me about it. At my job, they gave me three options. I could have them contribute to my private 'pension,' have a local Malaysian pension that I'd be able to withdraw when I leave the country, or just have the cash. Nobody could tell me the benefits or drawbacks of each option.

I don’t see the relevance.
You were discussing working for 50 years, contributing NI and getting 50 quid a week.
Unemployment benefit is a separate issue.
No mate, on a thread about a man at the job centre (the only place you need to go to get jsa) i was replying to CB and his post. No other benefit payments mentioned.

Come and pay 50 years worth of NI and you might get your fifty quid a week.
If you think I’m not paying Social Security and Medicare tax in the US, and will have been for 43 years when I’m forced to retire, you have another think coming! The amount I pay will water your eyes!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.