January defenders

I am comparing like for like CB signings and chalk or cheese they are more adept at signing quality CB

We may be the richest but need to comply with FFP etc and my point is that our scouts need looking at as we are not doing as well as we should in CB position.

You keep saying this. Like who? Or are you conflating selling on players for profit with good scouting, something we don't do.

Johnny f**king Evans is not good enough for us.

Slabhead is grossly overrated and way too slow to play in our side.

So basically, you've got that one Turkish guy and it's still very early days for him. One signing.

The grass is not greener on the other side. As for selling, we simply don't sell players we want to keep.

Last edited:
With our recent trophy haul these last few seasons, I would suggest we are not following anybody

Scouting is the issue especially at CB

Most agree we are in need of one maybe two decent CB's and my point is WTF are our scouts doing.

We can waste money or look at spending wisely.

We scout the defenders before spending large amount of budget on them.

You keep saying this. Like who? Or are you conflating selling on players for profit with good scouting, something we don't do.

Johnny f**king Evans is not good enough for us.

Slabhead is grossly overrated and way too slow to play in our side.

So basically, you've got that one Turkish guy and it's still very early days for him. One signing.

The grass is not greener on the other side. As for selling, we simply don't sell players we want to keep.

All about opinions but for me

Slabhead over Otamendi or Stones

The Turkish lad as come in and replaced Slabhead very easily could Otamendi or Stones

JFE even looks a proper defender at Leicester.

We were after Maguire rumored JFE and now looking at Chilwel and The Turkish lad.

Scouting is the issue especially at CB

Most agree we are in need of one maybe two decent CB's and my point is WTF are our scouts doing.

We can waste money or look at spending wisely.

We scout the defenders before spending large amount of budget on them.

were you saying this for the last two seasons?
I think you are too eagerly pointing the finger at the club without really understanding what is or is not occurring

were you saying this for the last two seasons?
I think you are too eagerly pointing the finger at the club without really understanding what is or is not occurring

Surely we scout for the future

Pointing the finger as we seem to be always after CB.
Savic
Nastasic
Mangala

An example of poor purchasing at CB

People can add
Otamendi
Stones
IMO these two better than most but are they good enough for us a team wanting the Champions League.

Surely we scout for the future

Pointing the finger as we seem to be always after CB.
Savic
Nastasic
Mangala

An example of poor purchasing at CB

People can add
Otamendi
Stones

IMO these two better than most but are they good enough for us a team wanting the Champions League.

The first three you quote were never for Pep and whilst I agree not great players, I feel you have gone back a little too far in time to make your argument as we, and the club have had a paradigm shift in the way we now play.

Ota and Stones were good enough and have played a pivotal role in our recent successes. I suspect age has now crept up on Ota and Stones, as we know, is out of form. Both, again imo could have had a CL medal had we not been screwed by poor officiating.

Finally, I am sure we do look to the future at potential signings

Stones is a brilliant young defender and will find his form again, I've no doubt about that.

Ota is having a poor season and is no longer good enough but we've had two or three good seasons out of him.

Mangala was dogshit and a huge waste of money.

Our only other fuck up was not buying van Dijk. But we kind of made up for it by not wasting £80m on Maguire.

The first three you quote were never for Pep and whilst I agree not great players, I feel you have gone back a little too far in time to make your argument as we, and the club have had a paradigm shift in the way we now play.

Ota and Stones were good enough and have played a pivotal role in our recent successes. I suspect age has now crept up on Ota and Stones, as we know, is out of form. Both, again imo could have had a CL medal had we not been screwed by poor officiating.

Finally, I am sure we do look to the future at potential signings

And that's my point

For us to look at the future regarding signings we should be reviewing our scouting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.