January defenders

Dan Burn from Brighton??? Very tall, good on the ball too, and at 27 still some value as a back up/interim solution.....

Stones is a brilliant young defender and will find his form again, I've no doubt about that.

Ota is having a poor season and is no longer good enough but we've had two or three good seasons out of him.

Mangala was dogshit and a huge waste of money.

Our only other fuck up was not buying van Dijk. But we kind of made up for it by not wasting £80m on Maguire.

The reason we didn't go for him was because we went for Laporte and that signing has turned out to be one of our best. You only have to look at how the defence has pretty mych fallen apart without him. If Van Dijk got injured then the Liverpool defence would most likely do the same.

As for Stones being a brilliant young defender, I'd have to disagree. I rate him as a decent defender but calling him both brilliant and young would be a bit of a stretch. Would he be in the top 5 defenders in the league?

I’ll be honest I think John stones is probably Everton standard and that’s its . When we signed him his potential was the main reason but apart from prob half a season were he was Good the rest has been average which may be ok for a top six team team but for a team that has aspirations for winning the champions league and dining at the top table with the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona then I’m sorry but he falls way short and that is why that one injury to Laporte has derailed us so significantly that is has cost us the title. Everyone on here has there own opinions has to who to pick and drop and we are all knowledgeable on our team and support it with a passion but I think the majority are as one in thinking our defence is mainly shocking and that includes the left back aswell. As for Kyle Walker I think he has one more season at the top with us as i can see a decline in him from even last season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.