Mourinho announced as new Spurs coach

Not sure how to feel about this...

Creates ugly teams.
Needs to spend £500 mil.
Never brings youth players through.
Is a Chelsea legend.

There's no fit here imo.

A post from a poster on Boards.ie. It's a doozy.

I’m Genuinely excited for spurs fans, especially my long suffering spurs friend. Wouldn’t be surprised if he matches your 3 trophies in 28 years in 2 seasons.

As his football becomes more effective it gets better to watch for fans. I also expect to see spurs win games you might normally think you will lose. He’s a savage coach in one on one games or second legs where his team are up agaisnt it.

Forget the drama and give him time to turn things round and I think spurs have possibly even got a CL in them. Tener bets you qualify for knockouts and beat at least one top quality side...

Can’t get over it, I’m more excited for spurs then I am united.... Think it’s that I always remember watching the that 5-3 game were spurs were 3 up at HT and my spurs friend was shaking at HT sort of half joking that he’d take a draw. We were supposed to go out that night but he couldn’t , he went straight home absolutely distraught after the game. I just want to see him have a bit of fun for once. And I would like Jose to make a mockery of what I think is a bullsh*t negative agenda agaisnt him. He’s the best tactical coach in the game who has won everywhere he has gone under every condidtion possible.

Is it? 1) The right Mourinho turns up, probably a 50/50 at worst.
2) Alderweireld & co. decide to stick around because a serial winner has arrived. Given both Alderweireld and Eriksen were available last summer and no one wanted them, I'd say the chances of that are even higher.

Like I say, I do see where you are coming from but (and admittedly, I didn't express this, first time around) I think the biggest problem that Spurs team have had hasn't been a lack of ability or desire, on or off the pitch. It's been an air of petulance when things go against them.
This is also a serious failing of Mourinho's.
I can't see how he is going to be the man to address that.

Fwiw, Poch should have got the bullet the minute he started crying after winning the Champion's League Semi Final. Effectively, he was publicly admitting to his team that making a final was an an end in itself.
Jose won't have that problem. So there will be a difference in expectation. I just don't see them handling the bumps on the road any more effectively.
Mourinho's first signing(s) will go a long way to establishing an ethos in the dressing room too.
So maybe you are right and I am just wishfully thinking. Then again, it is Spurs.

Fantastic appointment for both parties
Mourinio will make spurs more competitive and I think he has a far better player base as compared to United.

He wouldn't take cups lightly and would want to end their wait for a trophy like that. In CL anything could happen if you are a touch lucky

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.