Pochettino sacked by Spurs

He, Pochettino will definitely be on list to replace Pep in my opinion and fingers crossed he get a job before the wheels come off Oly's bus and he is offered the job at the Swamp.

I'm still very skeptical of the finances working out, but if they do get him I think it could be a brilliant move.

Mourinho's an underdog. Porto & Inter were his best work and Chelsea had a massive chip on their shoulder in 2003 as well. He makes his players believe they're fighting against the odds and it just doesn't work at clubs like United or Madrid.

If he's going to have another successful job, Spurs is set up perfectly for it. If anything is going to convince Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen to stay, it'll be the chance to train under one of the best managers of the last 20 years. There's a very good squad, CL group is pretty much done and dusted.

The timing is good as well. Spurs are 14th now, but only 3 points off 5th so he only needs a little bit of improvement to get them right up the table, and to be honest with Pochettino seemingly looking to leave at the end of the season, it might even be that firing him while Mourinho was on the market is a really, really smart move.

West Ham, Olympiakos, Bournemouth, United & Burnley is an easy first 5 games as well.

I think it's worth a go for Spurs. He could be the person who takes Pochettino's work and turns it into a trophy or two before the team breaks up in 3 years time any way.

Or he could be the busted flush that a lot of us suspect ...

I don't know many Spurs fans but the ones that I do know are not happy to say the least.

Incidently the haste of this appointment after the sacking of Pochettino sacking means they were DEFINATELY talking to Mourinho beforehand. So....
Where is the criticism of Levy, Lewis etc?

Sorry, my mistake only City get criticised for this sort of thing.

The guy who has managed Bournemouth twice either side of an at best bang average couple of seasons at Burnley in the Championship? That Eddie Howe?

A tad unfair that! Eddie Howe has managed Bournemouth, yep Bournemouth, to four years of survival in the Premier League - most of it fairly comfortable survival as well if I remember correctly. And while playing decent football. And with (probably) the smallest budget in the Premier League. Not saying he should be managing one of the "top 6" (or top 14 or whatever it is these days), but I think he deserves a bit of respect!

Spurs borrowed £637m to pay for their stadium, and refinanced the debt like Man Utd did so that they pay a regular interest payments bond holders over 10-15 years. The increased match-day revenue covers the interest charges but in 10-15 years they will have to pay off the bond-holders.

Spurs borrowed £637m to pay for their stadium, and refinanced the debt like Man Utd did so that they pay a regular interest payments bond holders over 10-15 years. The increased match-day revenue covers the interest charges but in 10-15 years they will have to pay off the bond-holders.

This American football lark will have a fair contribution for revenue,although what figures are for that I've no idea

No one pays off bonds in one shot like that. They will either pay chunks of principal down as they go or refinance when the time comes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.