UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that most believe it was thrown out because UEFA hadn't made a decision yet but have the CAS said why City's appeal was inadmissible in a statement yet?

I think get that most believe it was thrown out because UEFA hadn't made a decision yet but have the CAS said why City's appeal was inadmissible in a statement yet?
They said it was inadmissible as we hadn't exhausted other legal avenues yet. Which means UEFA hadn't made a formal decision, at which point we can resurrect the appeal.

They said it was inadmissible as we hadn't exhausted other legal avenues yet. Which means UEFA hadn't made a formal decision, at which point we can resurrect the appeal.

But wouldn't we have known that at the outset and, assuming that to be the case, why did we bother with what we must have known could only be considered a premature submission?

But wouldn't we have known that at the outset and, assuming that to be the case, why did we bother with what we must have known could only be considered a premature submission?
I'd guess that we felt UEFA's Investigatory Chamber had completely overridden due process in their haste to lay charges before the 5-year limitation kicks in.

Say you have a case in court and the judge says to the lawyers and jury. "Look, I've got a few days off from tomorrow so I won't be holding a proper trial. I'll just summarise what I see as the relevant evidence, you can go away for a few days and consider it and then I'll come back next week to hear the verdict". If you were the defence team would you wait for the verdict before you took action against a blatant mistrial?

It's certainly arguable that, given the public declaration that we had been found guilty by the IC and passed up for a sentence more severe than they were empowered to pass, that their decision without due process was prejudicial to our reputation even if the case was subsequently dismissed for some reason by the AC.

The significance of 2068 is that that is the date when a Russian supercomputer has forecast that the Earth will be hit by a near Earth asteroid.

My son will be the same age that I am now,55.
Does that mean I should go out buy a Ferrari tomorrow, how long does it take to repossess these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.