United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bloke opened his door to me today wearing a rag jacket, so I said, jokingly, "I don’t think much of your coat."

"Who do you support, Liverpool?"

"Nope, the only team in Manchester."

"Oh, you’re a glory supporter," he said, and then he claimed he wasn’t because he supported the rags when Leeds won the league.

I tried to tell him that the rags have always spent a lot of money, citing the team that lost the Maine Road Massacre as costing £13 million, but he was having none of it, saying that the transfers they were making were nothing like the £10 million that AC Milan (wrong on both counts) paid for Maradona.

I told him you can’t compare Diego Maradona to someone like Gary Pallister, but he wouldn’t have it, so I just gave up.

There really is no telling some people.

A bloke opened his door to me today wearing a rag jacket, so I said, jokingly, "I don’t think much of your coat."

"Who do you support, Liverpool?"

"Nope, the only team in Manchester."

"Oh, you’re a glory supporter," he said, and then he claimed he wasn’t because he supported the rags when Leeds won the league.

I tried to tell him that the rags have always spent a lot of money, citing the team that lost the Maine Road Massacre as costing £13 million, but he was having none of it, saying that the transfers they were making were nothing like the £10 million that AC Milan (wrong on both counts) paid for Maradona.

I told him you can’t compare Diego Maradona to someone like Gary Pallister, but he wouldn’t have it, so I just gave up.

There really is no telling some people.

You been playing knock a door run away in the Home Counties Vienna?

Off Twitter
ac657fa4c464bd852cb2a9683fadd906.jpg

Fucker cost me £300 with letting that late one in.

5-1, throw-in to us deep in our own half deep into injury time, sat thinking about a nice correct score return .....
Should have cashed out, the times I've been fucked by injury time goals is unbelievable, I always take the cash out now with a few min to go if one goal is gonna send a bet tits up

They are up to : -
1.1 billion fans and followers
from the 657 million they had about 5 years ago.
I think they have invented cloning.
Their commercial revenue is £385.8m. That means each of these 1.1bn fans contributes an average of 35pence each.
Match tickets and merchandise must be dirt cheap in Stratford
You'd better ask @BlueHammer85 for that information. I think you mean StrEtford!

;-)

They are up to : -
1.1 billion fans and followers
from the 657 million they had about 5 years ago.
I think they have invented cloning.
Their commercial revenue is £385.8m. That means each of these 1.1bn fans contributes an average of 35pence each.
Match tickets and merchandise must be dirt cheap in Stratford

That's the thing that makes me laugh most at these ridiculous claims. If they could just get £1, just £1, from each of their "supporters" then they could triple their revenue! And as you say, that doesn't even include the matchday revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.