wifi help

how much did you pay for those?

Cheap mate.

i think about £20 for a basic set because i was happy to hardwire the games consoles and sky boxes in.

You get them that also through out a wifi signal for not much more.

As ever you can pay a lot but mine work flawlessly and i got cheap ones.

These are what i got, devolo are are very good brand with great reviews.

with sky but not fibre optic,been fine for a couple of years but now if i leave the room with the laptop where the router is the signal becomes very weak and i lose connection,,any ideas?, phone is OK and keeps signal stregth and keeps connection
Do you know if it’s connecting at 5GHz or 2.4GHz. If it’s the older 2.4Ghz it’s likely to be interference from other routers using the same channels. You can change the channels by going into the admin page of the router, normally typing 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 into internet explorer.
If you have an android phone this app is also useful to find out which channels your neighbours are using so you can pick a quieter channel ...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

tried all sugestions but still very weak
Thanks TCIB,i did download the booster but no change,i will get wfi adapter in morning and give it a try
It might be your lap top. I had a MacBook about 4 years ago that started to display the same symptoms. Have you tested it on another WiFi?

Sky just tried to flog me wifi in every room,i wouldn't be putting it past them to do with their router that they did with their tv channelsand skew them so you upgrade

Pretty sure its its wifi card inside laptop,only getting half strength signal right next to router.like i was advised a usb wifi card or the part which is a fiver..thanks chaps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.