Kompany’s Mustang for sale.

The Dodge was a little angular for me, the McQueen Mustang was a thing of pure beauty.

I was in LA in 73 and my cousin’s boyfriend took us to a club in his 66 Mustang. The band playing were a very low key T Rex. Heard the Slider album for the first time and loved it.
My very first trip abroad was in 1966, to Connecticut, with my parents, uncle, aunt and two cousins, wonderful place
which I very nearly went to live, much later. We went one day to a drag race meeting, I got to sit with a driver of a Chevrolet
Corvette, which had been beefed up to cope with the speed needed, fuck me, the acceleration scared the living daylights out of me,
you'd never believe how fast it was, but it was exhilarating to say the least.
It looked something like this, with much fatter wheels and an enormous engine fitted...

1965-Corvette-Survivor.jpg

My very first trip abroad was in 1966, to Connecticut, with my parents, uncle, aunt and two cousins, wonderful place
which I very nearly went to live, much later. We went one day to a drag race meeting, I got to sit with a driver of a Chevrolet
Corvette, which had been beefed up to cope with the speed needed, fuck me, the acceleration scared the living daylights out of me,
It looked something like this, with much fatter wheels and an enormous engine fitted...

I’ve driven all three of the cars mentioned

Although they were on Gran Turismo

That C2 Corvette Stingray was a truly beautiful car albeit that it was made of fibreglass.
The later ones had a big enough engine as standard, being around 7 litres and producing over 400 bhp, which was a lot for a car from the 1960s.

That C2 Corvette Stingray was a truly beautiful car albeit that it was made of fibreglass.
The later ones had a big enough engine as standard, being around 7 litres and producing over 400 bhp, which was a lot for a car from the 1960s.
Yes, beautiful things, the one I was in was converted to a dragster, I don't know if that 7 litre was in it, but
dear god, it was like what taking off in what a space shuttle rocket must feel like, my face felt like it was being ironed,
such was the G force.

fuck me, the acceleration scared the living daylights out of me,
you'd never believe how fast it was, but it was exhilarating
A bit off-topic perhaps, but have you ever been in a Tesla? A customer of mine has one and gave me a lift a few months back, so it was my first experience in a Tesla. He's got the "normal" P100, not the "ludicrous" model - but even so, when he put his foot down - by way of a demo - the acceleration was so fierce, it wallopped my head on the headrest and I had minor whiplash, seriously! I have never felt acceleration like it, ever. It is so instant and incredibly strong, it's not like any petrol car could ever do IMO. Quite incredible.

A bit off-topic perhaps, but have you ever been in a Tesla? A customer of mine has one and gave me a lift a few months back, so it was my first experience in a Tesla. He's got the "normal" P100, not the "ludicrous" model - but even so, when he put his foot down - by way of a demo - the acceleration was so fierce, it wallopped my head on the headrest and I had minor whiplash, seriously! I have never felt acceleration like it, ever. It is so instant and incredibly strong, it's not like any petrol car could ever do IMO. Quite incredible.
No, I've seen one, but not been in one, and I've heard they're well rapid. I have a mate who picks up and delivers cars all
over the country, whenever he picks up an electric car in say, Plymouth to take to Newcastle, he says each and every one
only gets him about 150 miles, mostly less, before it needs charging, he then needs to arrange a stop to recharge it.
All in all, apparently, this flaw is a real ballache for him, he hates the fucking things, understandably, but he did say they're
very quick, and they aren't Teslas, as far as I know.

Another point about electric motors, you can't hear them coming, I've heard some manufacturers are making them
with 'Real Car' engine noises, as kids and old folk are in danger of getting flattened without them knowing anything about
how it happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.