UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread being clogged up with shite now.
Slow news day, always happens.

That said the state of play when UEFA come back with a 'nothing to investigate' verdict will be:-

FIFA - small fine relating to playing under age foreign players.
UEFA - hiding FFP related money sources, nothing to see here.
FA - Jadon Sancho alleged payment to father or agent, ditto.

Leaving the PL one, presumably related to the PL version of FFP and wages(?)

Given the likely outcome of the UEFA & the already finished FA investigations I'd suspect a quick resolution where they give us an all clear. Given the scope of the 4 investigations a small fine seems fair and will have the added bonus of serious pissing of the dippers (even more so if they get clobbered with a serious punishment for the hacking scandal).

That said the state of play when UEFA come back with a 'nothing to investigate' verdict will be:-

Given the likely outcome of the UEFA & the already finished FA investigations I'd suspect a quick resolution where they give us an all clear. Given the scope of the 4 investigations a small fine seems fair and will have the added bonus of serious pissing of the dippers (even more so if they get clobbered with a serious punishment for the hacking scandal).

The thing about the Jadon Sancho case is that it was another of Der Spiegel's allegations based on the same batch of hacked emails. The FA spent several months investigating it before declaring there was no evidence to substantiate the allegation. This just shows how unreliable and incredible Der Spiegel's other allegations are. When City are finally exonerated (God willing) I just hope the club sues the arse off Der Spiegel and puts them out of business. Possibly a better outcome though would be for Der Spiegel to try to save its own arse by spilling the beans on the identities of the people who commissioned the email hacking in the first place. The shit storm would be epic.

Last edited:
2068 ? I wonder how many versions of FFP UEFA will have come up with by then ? Bet your life they'll still be screwing us over.
The year is 2068, and UEFA make their annual submission to have Manchester City ejected from the champions league for FFP violations . Nobody knows where this tradition originated, or what FFP is. UEFA ceased being a recognised footballing body 20 years previously, after the farce of the last champions league final, in which Liverpool FC played themselves, having won the right to field two teams, due to their Royal love affair with the competition. The media are confident that this years bid will be successful.

If we're completely cleared of wrongdoing, what's the fine for? Thanking them for their time and effort in trying to find something that wasn't there to find?
Don't forget, we "took a pinch" a few years ago when they changed the rules on FFP, AFTER the accounts went in to ensure we failed.

If we're completely cleared of wrongdoing, what's the fine for? Thanking them for their time and effort in trying to find something that wasn't there to find?
Don't forget, we "took a pinch" a few years ago when they changed the rules on FFP, AFTER the accounts went in to ensure we failed.
Where did I say anything about being completely cleared of wrongdoing? We did breach the under age rules for playing foreign players in trial matches (a couple of times?), although I think this was before they clarified their own rules. Chelsea of course did it 100's(?) of times including crucially, after the rule clarifications.

Edit: I'm not talking about UEFA fining us if that's your meaning.

Where did I say anything about being completely cleared of wrongdoing? We did breach the under age rules for playing foreign players in trial matches (a couple of times?), although I think this was before they clarified their own rules. Chelsea of course did it 100's(?) of times including crucially, after the rule clarifications.

Edit: I'm not talking about UEFA fining us if that's your meaning.
Fair point, but the thread is about the UEFA/FFP implications.
Having reread your post, I misread your point re the "kiddies", which lead to the small fine.
Apologies.

Are you suggesting that any sanction will likely reflect our overall compliance with assorted regulations across multiple competitions??

Why would a fine be fair if we’ve done fuck all wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.