Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time Pep leaves the landscape might have changed considerably but at this moment Poch would be the ideal choice.

In a year or two down the line Nagelsmann at RBLeipzig could have really cemented his reputation as a top coach and if we went for a Britosh manager It will be interesting to see where Graham Potter at Brighton is in his career.

As others have said Ten Hag and you never know even David Wagner ex Hudds may be highly sought after if he continues his work at Schalke.
Graham Potter could be one to watch but a long way down the line.
Probably the English version of Pep, did a very good job at Swansea and doing likewise at Brighton.

Graham Potter could be one to watch but a long way down the line.
Probably the English version of Pep, did a very good job at Swansea and doing likewise at Brighton.

Yes will be interesting to see how he develops but agree two years might be a bit too early and he may have to manage a Leicester, Everton, West Ham in the interim prior to managing a top four club

By the time Pep leaves the landscape might have changed considerably but at this moment Poch would be the ideal choice.

In a year or two down the line Nagelsmann at RBLeipzig could have really cemented his reputation as a top coach and if we went for a Britosh manager It will be interesting to see where Graham Potter at Brighton is in his career.

As others have said Ten Hag and you never know even David Wagner ex Hudds may be highly sought after if he continues his work at Schalke.
Not being funny but why on earth would we employ a manager who was recently sacked and has won the square root of fuck all?

Not being funny but why on earth would we employ a manager who was recently sacked and has won the square root of fuck all?

Because quite simply he is a top, top coach and would suit the profile of the club. Football is full of top players, managers who have won nothing, it is not always a full reflection on their ability.

How much had Pep won as a manager when our CEO appointed him or Zidane at Real Madrid for that matter. Based on their appointment of Pep it is bizarre to think prior success will be the only consideration.

Rodgers all day, should he continue to keep Leicester competitive.

A bit like trying to find a replacement for Yaya or Fernandinho, you just can't.

Sometimes you have to find a suitable alternative that just keeps you winning.
I would not be surprised at Rodgers going back to Liverpool to replace Klopp when he leaves, I would be very surprised if he came here with his dipper history.
I wondered whether Bielsa would be a good fit, similar philosophy to Pep and attention to detail?

Because quite simply he is a top, top coach and would suit the profile of the club. Football is full of top players, managers who have won nothing, it is not always a full reflection on their ability.

How much had Pep won as a manager when our CEO appointed him or Zidane at Real Madrid for that matter. Based on their appointment of Pep it is bizarre to think prior success will be the only consideration.

not for me but each to their own I guess

It depends if the City hierarchy wants to continue in the same style and fashion. Erik Ten Hag and Thomas Tuchel are the two obvious names if City wants to keep Guardiola's structure and positional play intact. Bayern Munchen decided to go in a different way with the appointment of Ancelotti and that did not went well.. Pochettino's football has nothing to do with Guardiola's so this is a no go from the start.

The #1 thing we should be looking to do is get Pep to be the City coach until about 2025.

Anyone else is a side issue because they are far far far inferior to Pep.

In 2024 if anyone looks worthy enough to replace him then we can get the ball rolling. Right now not a single name other than the two Pep mentioned himself are worth talking about (he said in an interview in the Summer that Luis Enrique and Klopp are the best coaches he’s faced).
No way Pep will stay until 2025 next season likely to be his last as I don't see an extension coming. Indeed If I was a gambling man I would say he could be off in May either if we win the CL or as is more likely given current form we fall backwards over the rest of the season. The last two seasons have been amazing and I will remain eternally grateful to the man but perhaps this side has peaked already and he may not be interested in a rebuild. His reluctance to give more game time to Foden and other youngsters may indicate a short term horizon and a lack of interest in the longer term. The next six league games will largely define the success or otherwise of the team and come New Years day we will either be right back in the game or cut adrift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.