Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you prefer City to get Simeone thats fine. But to say «most of the names mentioned have achieved fuck all» is just not true.

Allegri guided Juve to two CL finals, while Pochettino, Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Ten Hag are all regarded as the best young managers in the world.

Also remember that Pep himself was only the Barca B manager when he got his first big job, so could turn out that Arteta would be a great choice for us.
You kind of prove my point with the exception of Allegri who I agree has been a very successful manager and would be a good candidate. The others are regarded as good managers by journos but no major clubs have been sufficiently impressed to hire them. Journos generally know fuck all and change their minds every few weeks.

I prefer tried and tested.

I like Rodgers for it as well. He went down in my estimations at Celtic as it was just too easy and I didn't think his Liverpool team was anything special.

I was sold during the 1-0 last season. One game I know, but to get them matching City at home, after only being there a couple of weeks was very impressive.

I don't think he would have the pull or desire to get involved in the transfers.

Wasn't he mooted as being Mancini's right hand man back in the day as well?

Obviously well thought of even then.

Rodgers all day, should he continue to keep Leicester competitive.

A bit like trying to find a replacement for Yaya or Fernandinho, you just can't.

Sometimes you have to find a suitable alternative that just keeps you winning.

This is definitely my current thinking if we want an experienced head coach as opposed to promoting Arteta.

Rodgers all day, should he continue to keep Leicester competitive.

A bit like trying to find a replacement for Yaya or Fernandinho, you just can't.

Sometimes you have to find a suitable alternative that just keeps you winning.

If Rodgers continues to keep Leicester in the fight for a Champs League place I would agree. I can't warm to the guy (mainly after that bizarre documentary the scousers did), but he's a good, proven manager and instills a clear style of play in his teams.

I agree with other posters that he might not have the same appeal as other managers in attracting players to City which no doubt will be considered. As people have said he was touted as a right hand man for Mancini so he's clearly been highly rated at the club for a while.

It depends if the City hierarchy wants to continue in the same style and fashion. Erik Ten Hag and Thomas Tuchel are the two obvious names if City wants to keep Guardiola's structure and positional play intact. Bayern Munchen decided to go in a different way with the appointment of Ancelotti and that did not went well.. Pochettino's football has nothing to do with Guardiola's so this is a no go from the start.
I like Ten Hag as a replacement after Pep...

There will be a succession plan already in place and i would expect an announcement at least half a season before he decides to leave so not until at least the end of next season.

Who we'll get i dont know but i guess Pep will also be involved in securing his replacement.

I'm not overly concerned, we are far too organised to do a rags in this respect...

I'd like to see Arteta come in, especially if we win the CL this year. What would we have to lose? He has been under Pep for a few years now and he has the respect of the dressing room and club. Chelsea took a chance on Lamps and so far he's done a phenomenal job, and that's after only a year of experience at Derby (one in which he failed to promote the club, although only just).

We have a few potentially great young managers coming from our squad. Kolo Toure is obviously doing something right at Leicester. Maybe an Arteta-Toure combo?

No way Pep will stay until 2025 next season likely to be his last as I don't see an extension coming. Indeed If I was a gambling man I would say he could be off in May either if we win the CL or as is more likely given current form we fall backwards over the rest of the season. The last two seasons have been amazing and I will remain eternally grateful to the man but perhaps this side has peaked already and he may not be interested in a rebuild. His reluctance to give more game time to Foden and other youngsters may indicate a short term horizon and a lack of interest in the longer term. The next six league games will largely define the success or otherwise of the team and come New Years day we will either be right back in the game or cut adrift.
You sound like you think we'll finish 7th or 8th, yeah we have made mistakes this season, but Var has cost us at least 6 pts.

If you prefer City to get Simeone thats fine. But to say «most of the names mentioned have achieved fuck all» is just not true.

Allegri guided Juve to two CL finals, while Pochettino, Tuchel, Nagelsmann, Ten Hag are all regarded as the best young managers in the world.

Also remember that Pep himself was only the Barca B manager when he got his first big job, so could turn out that Arteta would be a great choice for us.

Regarded by whom? Poch has won jack shit and just been sacked but he is now regarded as world best?

No way Pep will stay until 2025 next season likely to be his last as I don't see an extension coming. Indeed If I was a gambling man I would say he could be off in May either if we win the CL or as is more likely given current form we fall backwards over the rest of the season. The last two seasons have been amazing and I will remain eternally grateful to the man but perhaps this side has peaked already and he may not be interested in a rebuild. His reluctance to give more game time to Foden and other youngsters may indicate a short term horizon and a lack of interest in the longer term. The next six league games will largely define the success or otherwise of the team and come New Years day we will either be right back in the game or cut adrift.
I honestly don’t see why not.

He’s stated things like; “I love Manchester City, I am a Barcelona fan, I grew up there, my heart is there, but now I am part of this club, I love to work here.”

And; “I will be a Mancunian for the rest of my life now. I will be a Manchester City fan and it will not be possible to train another team in England like Manchester City because I feel beloved from the people here.”

And; “You can work calmly. It’s the ideal. It’s the perfect place to work. I don’t know at other clubs in England but I especially feel it here.”

That doesn’t strike me as someone who is likely to be leaving next Summer or at the end of his contract the year after. Everything I’ve ever heard from Pep makes me think he will sign a further extension.

Especially with the rivalry he has with Klopp and we have with Liverpool. It’s become a proper rivalry now and I think Pep will enjoy the challenge of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.