Job offer - advice

chaddblue

any employment law experts on here?

My missus has been offered a job after interview for 1 of 20 posts which clearly said in the advert full and part time roles

She has to do part time because of the kids who because of their age need taking to school and picking up

They’re now saying they can’t accomodate her part time and the offer is full time or nothing

She’s kicked off with them and threatening to take it further.

Any idea where she stands ?

My missus has been offered a job after interview for 1 of 20 posts which clearly said in the advert full and part time roles

She has to do part time because of the kids who because of their age need taking to school and picking up

They’re now saying they can’t accomodate her part time and the offer is full time or nothing

Does she already work for the company?

Depends on what she was interviewed for. If it was clear at interview that the role was part time then she has grounds for complaint. If it was unspecified then maybe not.

They may well have had both full and part time roles available when they interviewed your wife but maybe all the part time ones have been filled. It's hard to see what legal recourse she might have as any company interviewing someone can choose to offer anything or nothing as it suits them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.