Sunderland in League One (again) 2019/2020

I personally don't take any great delight, the premier league would be a better place for their supporters unlike shite like Southampton etc.Prefer them to the barcodes anyday

Correct.

Best set of opposition supporters I’ve seen at Wembley.

And if for nothing else, they should STILL be applauded for their performances on 13/5/12, I.e. the Poznań and serenading the pisscan with Bluemoon as he left SoL on that wonderful afternoon.

Correct.

Best set of opposition supporters I’ve seen at Wembley.

And if for nothing else, they should STILL be applauded for their performances on 13/5/12, I.e. the Poznań and serenading the pisscan with Bluemoon as he left SoL on that wonderful afternoon.
I couldn’t agree more. I sometimes post on a small Sunderland forum and the fans on there are just like the fans we’ve both met, I’ve been made very welcome and guess what? it’s friendly. Odd I know but there you go.

Great shame to see the Mackems in this situation. I catch the highlights (and I use the term loosely) of their games on our local Look North and they seem to be lurching from one problem to another. Sacking Jack Ross seems to have achieved nothing, with 6 defeats out of the 9 games to date under Phil Parkinson, with last night's exit from the FAC arguably the lowest point in their history. I gather that the recent " American cash investment" was in fact a loan, secured on the SOL. I sense a whiff of desperation on the part of the owners. From the outside looking in the club appears to be in a worse state than we were in the late 1990's.
I really would like so see them back in the PL - great fans, good stadium and for us City fans here in Cumbria it was a fairly local away game. Hope I'm wrong, but I struggle to envisage us playing them in the League any time in the foreseeable future. Very sad.

Great shame to see the Mackems in this situation. I catch the highlights (and I use the term loosely) of their games on our local Look North and they seem to be lurching from one problem to another. Sacking Jack Ross seems to have achieved nothing, with 6 defeats out of the 9 games to date under Phil Parkinson, with last night's exit from the FAC arguably the lowest point in their history. I gather that the recent " American cash investment" was in fact a loan, secured on the SOL. I sense a whiff of desperation on the part of the owners. From the outside looking in the club appears to be in a worse state than we were in the late 1990's.
I really would like so see them back in the PL - great fans, good stadium and for us City fans here in Cumbria it was a fairly local away game. Hope I'm wrong, but I struggle to envisage us playing them in the League any time in the foreseeable future. Very sad.
As I said last season the whole club is shrouded in a losing mentality,it's difficult to see how or when they can shake it off.
I agree that most Sunderland fans are OK(I can't speak about the 2014 League Cup Final as that is the only final I was unable to get to since 1969).
However they were a bogey team for us for a long time(along with The Smoggies)so I am quite happy to see them out of the Premier League for a good few seasons yet.

It really is sad to see and it makes me realise how lucky we were to have Joe Royle and Willie Donachie, as well as players like Andy Morrison, Shaun Goater and Ian Bishop.

Why is an FA Cup defeat "arguably the lowest point in their history"? Gillingham had home advantage and are only a few places below them in the league. They must have lost to teams from lower divisions in the past.

Why is an FA Cup defeat "arguably the lowest point in their history"? Gillingham had home advantage and are only a few places below them in the league. They must have lost to teams from lower divisions in the past.

It was a quote from the local sports reporter up here. Based on the fact that it's the first time in the modern era that they've been knocked out of the FAC in the first round (and I don't mean since 1992). Added to their league position & recent performances it seems a pretty fair assessment.

Obviously things aren't right up there but they're not in too dissimilar a position currently to where we were in our only season in the 3rd tier at the same stage of the season. In fact, they're only 2 points off a play-off spot and have 2 games in hand over 4 teams in the top 6. That's a better situation than we found ourselves in after losing THAT game at York in December 1998 which saw us 12th in the league and about half a dozen points adrift of the play-offs IIRC. With 93 points to play for, they can easily salvage their season from here.

Obviously things aren't right up there but they're not in too dissimilar a position currently to where we were in our only season in the 3rd tier at the same stage of the season. In fact, they're only 2 points off a play-off spot and have 2 games in hand over 4 teams in the top 6. That's a better situation than we found ourselves in after losing THAT game at York in December 1998 which saw us 12th in the league and about half a dozen points adrift of the play-offs IIRC. With 93 points to play for, they can easily salvage their season from here.

What game at York?

I've never seen that mentioned before.

;-)

Indeed and let’s hope they do. Great club with a cracking set of fans!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.