Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re talking as if Garcia only played 4-5 minutes in total for the club. Maybe in the Premier League. He played full games in Carabao and FA (?) and it’s clear he is a solid centre back. He rarely makes mistakes, he doesn’t engage in one against ones and not only miss the ball but the entire player as Otamendi did against Wolves. He uses his calmness and he thinks before he acts. I haven’t seen as much of him as I have with Stones and Otamendi, but honestly they are both so prone to errors, I would welcome Garcia with open arms to play with a mentor like Fernandinho right now. The boy is class and it doesn’t matter if he is 18.
It matters he is only 18 and he has yet to get to grips with mens football and what is required in a pep team,dinho is having enough trouble trying to play cb,he isn't holding a kids hand as well,2nd best cb lol

He wouldn't stand a chance,it's bullshit to say he is ready to go next to eric
Yes I think he’d struggle big time trying to step into that position without any experience of PL football and still a lot of development to do in all areas. I think pep is doing it just right with him and over time we will start to see him introduced slowly and in the right way.

It matters he is only 18 and he has yet to get to grips with mens football

What does this even mean? ”Mens football”? The guy is 18, not 12, comes from the world famous football academy La Masia and has played with a ball all of his life. You seriously believe Stones knows the game so much better than this kid? Based on what, his years at Everton?

what is required in a pep team,dinho is having enough trouble trying to play cb,he isn't holding a kids hand as well,2nd best cb lol

I still think he is. Stones doesn’t give me confidence at all. He doesn’t seem to like engaging, he rarely tackles, and he often make mistakes. He looked lost against Liverpool. Eric can handle himself, he instructed 12 year older Otamendi in a game ffs. He knows how to construct a defensive line, it’s not rocket science.

I’m really not the one screaming for youngsters to get their chances, but I really believe we have a diamond in the rough with this kid. He should play.

What does this even mean? ”Mens football”? The guy is 18, not 12, comes from the world famous football academy La Masia and has played with a ball all of his life. You seriously believe Stones knows the game so much better than this kid? Based on what, his years at Everton?

I still think he is. Stones doesn’t give me confidence at all. He doesn’t seem to like engaging, he rarely tackles, and he often make mistakes. He looked lost against Liverpool. Eric can handle himself, he instructed 12 year older Otamendi in a game ffs. He knows how to construct a defensive line, it’s not rocket science.

I’m really not the one screaming for youngsters to get their chances, but I really believe we have a diamond in the rough with this kid. He should play.

There is a reason why Pep doesn't start him. You might underestimate the gap between youth fotball and the best league in the world. It's huge. No way is Garcia better than Stones. We need some height at the back now Laporte is out.

There is a reason why Pep doesn't start him. You might underestimate the gap between youth fotball and the best league in the world. It's huge. No way is Garcia better than Stones. We need some height at the back now Laporte is out.

I agree on the height argument, but not the rest. I've seen Garcia intercept passes by reading the game so well, and also engage in standing tackles looking way more comfortable than Stones. He. just. doesn't. make. mistakes. That's what's interesting.
I know age plays a role, of course, but putting that aside for a second and just watch him play, you would think he is older.

I just wonder what Pep is waiting for, but clearly he sees something I don't. He's probably just careful of introducing him to the league too soon. But the quality is there which makes it all a bit frustrating, looking at fkng Otamendi who can't do one thing right.

I agree on the height argument, but not the rest. I've seen Garcia intercept passes by reading the game so well, and also engage in standing tackles looking way more comfortable than Stones. He. just. doesn't. make. mistakes. That's what's interesting.
I know age plays a role, of course, but putting that aside for a second and just watch him play, you would think he is older.

I just wonder what Pep is waiting for. But clearly he sees something I don't.

He hasn't played against a single top team. You can't say he won't make mistakes against top forwards. He has played against shit treams so far.

He hasn't played against a single top team. You can't say he won't make mistakes against top forwards. He has played against shit treams so far.

Didn't he play against Liverpool and Bayern Munich?
https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...er-city-tactical-analysis-analysis-statistics

Carabao Cup against Leicster, he did well.
I think he would cope. I actually think he is close of playing more regularly in the league. A few more flat games from Stones and he will be there.

Didn't he play against Liverpool and Bayern Munich?
https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...er-city-tactical-analysis-analysis-statistics

Carabao Cup against Leicster, he did well.
I think he would cope. I actually think he is close of playing more regularly in the league. A few more flat games from Stones and he will be there.

Friendlies and cup games involving a lot of reserve players are somethign very different from fierce clashes at the top of the PL. You are comparing how Stones lookes against Mane/Firmino with how Garcia looks against shit forwards in Carabao cup games. It's misleading. I like Garcia, but you can trust Pep's opinion, he watches him everyday and knows his actual level far better than any fan.

We don't have any fit CBs who don't make mistakes at the moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.