David Pizarro

He was a similar height to Kinkladze, slimmer, good passer, not showy and he did a great job at filling a gap in the squad that needed filling at the time. As a short term loan he was an absolute bargain.

Wiki has him as 5ft 6ins. Looked bigger than that by at least an inch. Funny how all the top players are tiddlers - Puskas, David and Bernardo Silva. The only exceptions I can think of are Dave Ewing and Bill Leivers.

Found some wobbly footage of the goals from that Porto game, Pizarro's assist and goal were the 3rd and 4th. He had excellent technique and a good passing range, another of those players I wish we'd had in their 20s rather than 30s.

He was alright. Absolutely nothing like Kinkladze.

Looked great in games when we were playing against lesser teams (Porto at home for example had a guy called "Fernando" in midfield - not sure what happened to him) but only made one appearance in a game vs someone decent - he came on away to Arsenal due to Yaya getting an injury early on, Arteta scored for them, Balotelli was sent off and our title challenge was in tatters. Not sure how the rest of the season panned out.

Pretty sure that game where he scored vs Porto kicked off at a stupid time like 5pm?

Tidy player could knock it about quite well. Did a job nothing special.

Found some wobbly footage of the goals from that Porto game, Pizarro's assist and goal were the 3rd and 4th. He had excellent technique and a good passing range, another of those players I wish we'd had in their 20s rather than 30s.

That pass from YaYa for the first goal.

He was decent tbf, a slightly lesser version of what we had with Vieira the year before I always felt.

I was buzzing when we signed him in all honesty but he wasnt at his best for us a bit old plus not sure he fit into Mancini's plans, he was very Xavi-esque player on and off the ball he just never played for the right teams to totally showcase his style and true quality... Talent wise David Pizarro was amongst the most gifted and criminally underrated ball passers of his generation you wouldn't get the ball off him with his close control plus he was defensively aware, I watched him a lot for Udinese thinking he'd be a great signing as I used to watch a lot of Italian football during that time, then he joined inter for a season before Roma too... The latter two teams both wasted him in deep lying roles sadly but he was definitely suited for a more attacking team, if he played for say Barca at the right time and Xavi got an injury he'd defo have cushioned the blow and earned a lot more respect for his qualities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.