Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there’s decent enough money on the table from Bayern in Jan, circa £90mil, then I’d guess we will rip their arm off. 18 months left and no guarantee on how well he recovers, we will move on.
Sod's law is that if he stays he'll be a perma-croc and if he goes he'll be back 'stronger and fitter than ever'.

Eric will hopefully be back in the new year but I hope people ain't expecting the Eric before his injury because he will have a lot of work to do to get back to that level, after being out so long

The Mail report is an absolutely nothing story.

Both of these lads have been back at CFA for the last month or so.

They haven't just 'returned'. The progress is what it is.

City are still being cautious and were saying
late February would be seen as a result for Laporte.

Leroy near end of Jan but there is a chance we won't get to see him play for us again.
Gundogan's report is likely to be accurate.

I'd put the chances of Sane moving in January at close to zero.

Neither player have been at the academy for the last month. Sane has been in LA, whilst Laporte has been in Turkey. Whether they are back in the training regime now we shall have to see.

Last edited:

Leroy near end of Jan but there is a chance we won't get to see him play for us again.

Grrr...buzz kill :)

i dont expect City to back down over there £120m+ price tag, so we will see what happens to Leroy in the future.

Gundogan's report is likely to be accurate.

I'd put the chances of Sane moving in January at close to zero.

Neither player have been at the academy for the last month. Sane has been in LA, whilst Laporte has been in Turkey. Whether they are back in the training regime now we shall have to see.

You are mistaken on a number of points, prior to the international break, Laporte had done three weeks solid at the CFA (You might have also seen him on our bus at Liverpool?)

Leroy had nine days prior to wherever you indicate he has been holidaying.

The Gundogan quotes were simply an excuse for the Mail to put a harder nose on a speculative piece about the two return to action.

City have already briefed Laporte could even be as late at the start of March.

With regards Leroy, whilst I agree the chances are slim, the situation has changed during the last couple of weeks. It would appear we are prepared to do business if Pep decides we need to bring in a new foreign player.

You are mistaken on a number of points, prior to the international break, Laporte had done three weeks solid at the CFA (You might have also seen him on our bus at Liverpool?)

Leroy had nine days prior to wherever you indicate he has been holidaying.

The Gundogan quotes were simply an excuse for the Mail to put a harder nose on a speculative piece about the two return to action.

City have already briefed Laporte could even be as late at the start of March.

With regards Leroy, whilst I agree the chances are slim, the situation has changed during the last couple of weeks. It would appear we are prepared to do business if Pep decides we need to bring in a new foreign player.
Thanks for the update about the players. I doubt Bayern will move for Sane until they see he has fully recovered, regardless of whether it suits us.

Thanks for the update about the players. I doubt Bayern will move for Sane until they see he has fully recovered, regardless of whether it suits us.

I happen to agree, but results will decide between now and January. It doesn't appear as though we can shift anybody else out in January.

Bayern are already paying out big loan fees for Coutinho and Peresic, so there is also that.

Wonder where OpenToppedOmnibusHacker&WreckersFC would have been had the greatest Dutchman ever to grace the PL (after Bosvelt, de Jong and Gerard Wiekens) and the CheekWithStudGouger been missing for the length of time we've not been able to call upon our lads? Probably scratting about mid-table! And the RDAHMeedya would have been bemoaning how 'cruel' life can be to some teams.
They'd have appealed to have the season paused until recovered from injury.
It's only fair for the world's most loved club with all that 'istry

I happen to agree, but results will decide between now and January. It doesn't appear as though we can shift anybody else out in January.

Bayern are already paying out big loan fees for Coutinho and Peresic, so there is also that.
I can't see City buying in January. There was a question mark in the Summer with the central defence but Garcia and Harwood-Bellis look like they are close.

Rodri and Angelino have done well. If it were not for injury, this City side would be at the top of the league. There's no need imo to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.