New developments in Manchester city centre

Yes I was in there last week. Halle is open now as well. Really great square around there.

Shame they've bricked-in the halle quatrefoil, used to be the centre-piece for that square, now it's struggling from reduced daylight...looks half right in the dark if sin city is shut

I don't know if this is the right place for this but the foodcourt in the Arndale is an eye sore, it's kicked off twice on my last two visits.

I don't know if this is the right place for this but the foodcourt in the Arndale is an eye sore, it's kicked off twice on my last two visits.

I walked through the arndale the other day - looking very shabby and many empty units.

Why Manchester? Plenty of reasons. A very proactive city council that works with property developers. Manchester has some big property developers based in the city. Renaker, Bruntwood, Peel Holdings, Allied London, Ask, etc. Manchester is second only London for 1000’s of new tech and IT jobs, attracting young people to the city. A massive student population. Inward and foreign investment is pouring into the city. So are property investors due to the low pound. Etc.

Very much this. Plus a sensible planning department with ambition.

I take it you are jrb on SSC as well?

I've just dropped Mrs Ewing off at Piccadilly, drove down Gt. Ancoats St and there's a new skyline in the making. Wonder if the Good Sheikh has got a slice of the action?

He has many schemes off the ring road more new Islington and around Cutting Room Square, also bought the retail park for £35 million last year. Non of teh new build along Great Ancoats Street so far is to do with City.

A couple of our friends are project managing in Manchester and they told me they have at least 10+ years worth of building work in the pipeline, so it is set to grow massively for years to come. All good for the North.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.