Liam Gallagher tonight Manchester Arena

He actually go stopped by a copper about 5mins away from the Arena who said zip your coat up as they aren't allowing people in with football shirts on. Gets to the Arena and it's zip your coat down lads, sorry no football tops and refused entry. Luckily his uncle was local and had a spare t-shirt to hand.
Crazy.
Ridiculous

I really loved Oasis, and still do!

But I think Liam’s voice was fucked in 1998, never mind 2019. And his new stuff has such bland music, juvenile lyrics and too much auto tune... and he sings about Noel too much... that I just can’t get into it.

It’s a shame to see really. But I think he’s bringing out some really poor stuff that is doing his Oasis legacy no good in my eyes.

One positive is, at least he’s still wearing some decent clobber and has stopped with the silly hairdos. It’s not like he’s turned into George Harrison in the 80s:
s-l300.jpg

I really loved Oasis, and still do!

But I think Liam’s voice was fucked in 1998, never mind 2019. And his new stuff has such bland music, juvenile lyrics and too much auto tune... and he sings about Noel too much... that I just can’t get into it.

It’s a shame to see really. But I think he’s bringing out some really poor stuff that is doing his Oasis legacy no good in my eyes.

One positive is, at least he’s still wearing some decent clobber and has stopped with the silly hairdos. It’s not like he’s turned into George Harrison in the 80s:
s-l300.jpg

Nice!

Noel was on Jools Holland last night - looked/sounded awful. I think Liam is doing the better of the two to be honest.

Nice!

Noel was on Jools Holland last night - looked/sounded awful. I think Liam is doing the better of the two to be honest.

I like Noel but he's in the midst of a full blown mid life crisis, you can tell by what he was wearing on JH!

I don't mind that he's tried something different and a new style, Who Built The Moon was ok but everything since then has been dreadful and it seems like he's disappeared up his own arse. He described Liam's stuff as 'unsophisticated music for unsophisticated people'. Pot calling the kettle?

Liam was good the other night, as was Noel when I saw him at Heaton Park but they both lack something without the other.

I like Noel but he's in the midst of a full blown mid life crisis, you can tell by what he was wearing on JH!

I don't mind that he's tried something different and a new style, Who Built The Moon was ok but everything since then has been dreadful and it seems like he's disappeared up his own arse. He described Liam's stuff as 'unsophisticated music for unsophisticated people'. Pot calling the kettle?

Liam was good the other night, as was Noel when I saw him at Heaton Park but they both lack something without the other.

Some of Noel's most recent stuff is actually very good. Mainly all B sides admitted as his singles have been more random styles. Sail on is a great song as is A dream us all i need to get by. His new song is also decent.

Nice!

Not a lot in it to be honest. I think overall if you compare their first two solo albums Noel's are better, Noel's tried to go in a different direction a bit whereas I think Liam will always pander to what the fans want to hear, which I would imagine by album 3/4 will start sounding very stale (which I imagine it already is if you're not a big fan).

Generally though there's only about 20-30% of people at their gigs who have any interest in anything post-1995. These are the equivalent of people who want The Smiths to get back together because This Charming Man's their favourite song by them.

For years Noel's been the master of the media and PR but since Liam went solo he's definitely come across as a lot more grounded and sound (obviously with gobshite tendencies) whereas Noel appears to be a bit... well I don't know how to put it other an "uncool".

My lad went but had to take his city shirt off as he wasn't allowed in with it on.
Said liam Gallagher sounded great.

This pisses me right off. Why are football fans allowed to be treated as criminals everywhere? For a start, football hooligans never wear football shirts, most organised groups actively forbid it, they wear certain brands and in certain cases menacing looking black attire. When was the last time you saw or heard of any hooligans scrapping in football shirts?

The only time the two are linked is when innocent people are targeted by thugs for an item of clothing they’re wearing. If that’s the reason for banning shirts then how is that any different than telling Muslim women not to wear a burka because they might attract racists or telling young women not to wear revealing dresses because they might attract rapists?

Would they ban people from wearing Beatles merchandise at any event in manchester? because that’s the same level of ridiculousness banning football shirts is at yet nobody ever questions it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.