Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Does the city football academy side of the campus have a hotel? I’m sure I’ve read there was such a facility, eg where players or visitors can stay, but I can’t see it identified on the campus map/plan on the website

I think there’s accommodation for youth players and further accommodation where youth players families can stay when visiting etc. But not really a hotel.

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/national-grid-releases-200-acres-for-development/

Prominent sites include the gas holders on Bradford Road near Manchester City FC’s Etihad stadium, which are seen as a local landmark.

Manchester City Council has previously described the gas holders as “constraints” to its developments plans in the surrounding area, including the Etihad expansion plans and residential projects with Manchester Life, the joint venture with club owner Abu Dhabi Investment Company.

They used to have trains on matchdays when we first were at the new ground at Ashburys. Has that stopped?

Been a fair few years since we parked up near there for the game.

I agree on the loop that surrounds the ground. How we can get a train running is shocking. Would add a relief to not only the metrolink but the buses as well.

I've never caught a matchday train to Ashbury's but I plan to today.

Originally posted by mcr guy on SSC MCR.

Consultation Phase Two - Have Your Say

Oak View Group, supported by City Football Group, is considering proposals for a potential new arena at the Etihad Campus in East Manchester.

We are now preparing to ask for your views on our more developed plans, as part of our next stage of consultation beginning on 25 November 2019

So the next phase of consultation on the proposed new arena begins today with more detailed plans supposedly available. Here's the consultation site: https://www.eastlandsarena-consult.com/ - about to look to see what's new on there since the end of the opening phases of the consultation.

Below are details of the drop-in sessions, if anyone fancies heading along to one and reporting back on here.
We would like to invite you to one of our phase two community consultation drop-in sessions to meet us, find out more about our more detailed plans and provide your feedback.

• Thursday 28 November 2019, 2.30pm to 7.30pm, Church of the Apostles, Ridgway Street, Miles Platting, M40 7FY

• Saturday 30 November 2019, 10.30am to 3pm, Beswick Library, 60 Grey Mare Lane, M11 3DS

• Monday 2 December 2019, 2.30pm to 5pm, Ravensbury Community School, Tartan Street, Clayton, M11 4EG

• Monday 2 December 2019, 6pm to 8pm, The Foyer at the HSBC UK National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, M11 4DQ

• Tuesday 3 December 2019, 3.30pm to 8pm, The East Manchester Academy, 60 Grey Mare Lane, M11 3DS

Seen prestwich blue or someone like him talking about it today on twitter.
I thought it was going to be flattened for new homes.

But on the new plan it seems to still be there in grey.
GMLE%20November%20Consulation%20-%20Masterplan.pdf

https://www.onemanchester.co.uk/grey-mare-lane-estate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.