New developments in Manchester city centre

I walked through the arndale the other day - looking very shabby and many empty units.
I try and never go into the Arndale unless I have to.

I don’t like bland shopping centres (I don’t even like the word Mall).

I’d prefer if it were flattened and a more natural street scape was created. Shops, yes, many of the same ones, but not just joblot-under-one-architecturally-poor-roof.

One thing I’d let them off with is if they built a bigger version of Barton Arcade.

I try and never go into the Arndale unless I have to.

I don’t like bland shopping centres (I don’t even like the word Mall).

I’d prefer if it were flattened and a more natural street scape was created. Shops, yes, many of the same ones, but not just joblot-under-one-architecturally-poor-roof.

One thing I’d let them off with is if they built a bigger version of Barton Arcade.

Can you imagine the quality of building demolished for that bloody arndale centre! Almost criminal.

There's images knocking around....enough to make you weep. It's terrible and even with the new interior it's just a monolithic lump that has landed on the city.

That was the heart of the city as well. The arndale will be changed radically in the next 20 years. Not tall enough for the centre of a city. But buildings on a par with York shambles were destroyed for this monstrosity.

That was the heart of the city as well. The arndale will be changed radically in the next 20 years. Not tall enough for the centre of a city. But buildings on a par with York shambles were destroyed for this monstrosity.
Something that's being concieved or just a hunch?
I'm sure it's making the 'mall owners' a fair bit of money so can't seem them letting go...but it's a fortresss. Knackered pretty much around all sides too (that High Street section ffs).

Something that's being concieved or just a hunch?
I'm sure it's making the 'mall owners' a fair bit of money so can't seem them letting go...but it's a fortresss. Knackered pretty much around all sides too (that High Street section ffs).

Council have an aspiration to transform. Is ambitious but vital. Will happen in next ten years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.