Macclesfield - the next club to go under?

There is absolutely no correlation between video games and rl violence, it's a myth which has been disproven time and time again.

source?

just one peer reviewed piece of research will do, you don’t need to produce the many you claim.

Yes but wages in the conference with part time players and staff will be considerably less than full time playing squad and management.

I don’t see how that is relevant to the statement that sky and iPads are ruining football. Macclesfield could have had full time playing staff or part time playing staff but the fact is they averaged 756 then and 2369 now so sky and iPads aren’t ruining football attendances, bad management is.

did you actually read any of them?
I ask because the conclusion of the meta analysis, example 2 above says,

“On the basis of this metaanalysis, we conclude that playing violent video games is associated with greater levels of overt physical aggression over time, after accounting for prior aggression. These findings support the general claim that violent video game play is associated with increases in physical aggression over time...”

L
O
L

did you actually read any of them?
I ask because the conclusion of the meta analysis, example 2 above says,

“On the basis of this metaanalysis, we conclude that playing violent video games is associated with greater levels of overt physical aggression over time, after accounting for prior aggression. These findings support the general claim that violent video game play is associated with increases in physical aggression over time...”

L
O
L

I did skim read the studies, must have mis-read the conclusion. Mistakes happen!

There is absolutely no correlation between video games and rl violence, it's a myth which has been disproven time and time again.
Friend of mine works in this field and that is certainly the claim of the video game makers - who have spent a lot of money recently on studies whose results dispute or even refute the accepted General Aggression Model. He says there is no consensus that their research, despite its quantity, has undermined the basic view that there is a direct link to violent behaviours in some individuals.

Point I was making is they are not brought up on sport like I was, out in all weathers kicking a ball about with my mates. Therefore no affinity with the game we love.

The "couch potatoes" are fed a stream of violence by these video games, and then we are surprised when youths start stabbing each other on the streets.

Nah, I don’t think you’re right on that.

In my childhood (late 1970’s) we used to play football most days after school with a few of our mates. These days it is much more organised and the kids play proper FA games from under 6 years old. I live in Cheshire West and there are about 30 kids teams within a 2 mile radius, all highly organised, all in highly competitive leagues. So much so that Everton, City, Crewe, Stoke, the scum all scout players around here and I know a handful of kids that train with those teams at under 8 level.

I do agree with your comments around televised games though as a reason for attendances slipping. That and kids are too busy doing numerous other sports, to have time to physically attend games.

The situation is worsening for Macclesfield day by day. Their players have refused to play in the match vs. Crewe Alexandra due to not being paid there wages. Didn't both Bury and Bolton have the same problem due to unpaid wages. If an organization cannot afford to pay it's employees their wages then they are skating on very thin ice.
The said match has now been suspended and will be arranged at a later date. They will definitely be fined and could possibly receive a points deduction.
I can't see them being in the FL next season to be honest.

If feel sorry for Macc fans but there is nothing new about badly-run clubs going bust. In my 50 plus years of following football dozens of clubs have collapsed (and mostly been re-formed in the non-league) The very long list includes Chester, Halifax, Accrington, Aldershot, Wimbledon etc etc. It is not the Premier League's fault and nothing to do with modern football. It almost happened to City under Swales and did happen to Coventry. There have always been dodgy businessmen and always will be in all walks of life. I am sure that if they do collapse, they will soon re-form under new owners like Bury, Chester and Halifax. In my view the whole football pyramid has never been stronger. There are a lot of non-league clubs getting huge crowds. In recent years we have seen the emergence of clubs like Fleetwood and AFC Fylde.

The situation is worsening for Macclesfield day by day. Their players have refused to play in the match vs. Crewe Alexandra due to not being paid there wages. Didn't both Bury and Bolton have the same problem due to unpaid wages. If an organization cannot afford to pay it's employees their wages then they are skating on very thin ice.
The said match has now been suspended and will be arranged at a later date. They will definitely be fined and could possibly receive a points deduction.
I can't see them being in the FL next season to be honest.

It's clearly in the death spiral stage now. No games means no money and no money means no games. New owner quickly or bust.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.