Match Thread | Man City vs Chelsea (23/11/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the BM faithful feel like the shitstorm with ref decisions, media nonsense and such is affecting the players mentally?

They don’t go after the ball with hunger. The opposition look hungrier than the lads. Only Kev seems to not want to give in till the last day.

The instance when Mendy jogged to a ball going out, he got it but still lost it to Kante (good tackler and all, I know) was quite telling. Should’ve been eager in the exchange but was quite lackadaisical about it.

Not the best football but glad they’re winning. Regardless of what’s happening, can only support the lads till the final whistle.
It shouldn't really, as according to everyone we get it every year, and that didn't stop us winning the league, the main problem this year is to many players are not on their game

I feel for him.

I know first hand how much multiple knee injuries can destroy your normal level.

Pep might need to get him in with the shrink. Two bad injuries he's had can change your mindset for fear of doing it again.

We have several players out of form, including Silva and Aguero. We have been blessed to have players of this quality but I do think that it is time that Foden and Jesus are given more of a run as the replacements for these two greats.

Pep might need to get him in with the shrink. Two bad injuries he's had can change your mindset for fear of doing it again.
Absolutely.

Mine is a bit different, of course, in that it is actually reasonable to be protective and change the way I play (much, much less aggressive), as I really can’t afford another major knee injury (from a mobility standpoint).

First 25-30 mins in particular we saw the same issues that have plagued us for much of the season so far. Pressing from the front nowhere near the level it has been and needs to be. And defence too willing to drop and sit off their forwards. All of which means we’re so open through midfield. Full backs a bit of a weakness too - especially Mendy who continues to struggle with the basics.
But some of our forward play has been good, and we look like creating chances every time we attack. Tighten up and we should be able to finish this off with another 2-3 goals.

Ha,i think with dinho back in his place then we can risk it,i hate seeing him struggle as cb and we are half the team without him
So you want to see Otamendi sliding in thus causing carnage? Be careful what you wish for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.