How Can City Increase Matchday Revenue?

Arsenal,Chelsea and spurs are in London so will charge extortionate prices Liverpool will make more because it’s always their year and United fans will buy the shit floating in the pan if it had MUFC printed on it

Make the stuff (food n drink) inside the ground a lot cheaper. There is only a certain level of standards people will accept before they stop buying it all together. I used to be a bit blasé when going to the games. I would regularly eat and drink at the stadium. Got fed up with the crap food & drinks. So now we eat and drink on the way to the ground.
I don’t just think cheaper is the answer. I think more choice is.

I agree there should be a cheaper option, especially for families, it’s a really dear do to eat at the game.

But from a personal perspective, that season when Jamie Oliver was the face of the food, I used to buy a burger every game. They weren’t cheap (£5 I think) but the quality was excellent. You’d pay £7 for equivalent quality at Five Guys or Almost Famous.

Last season they dropped the prices of the burger to £3.50 and the quality was absolutely garbage. It was the equivalent of a 20p Iceland burger. I bought one and it was so poor, I haven’t bought one since.

If people want cheap food, I definitely think that should be an option. But for those of us who’d rather pay a pound or two more for something a bit tastier, I think that should be an option too.

How would making food and drink a lot cheaper, increase match revenue?
I'd rather sell 15 000 pints at £3.50 rather than 5 000 pints at £5.50.

Same with a lot of businesses. Take sky as an example they have 12 million customers paying an average of say £80 a month. If they slashed their prices to say £50 a month I'm sure there audience would probably double.

I don’t just think cheaper is the answer. I think more choice is.

I agree there should be a cheaper option, especially for families, it’s a really dear do to eat at the game.

But from a personal perspective, that season when Jamie Oliver was the face of the food, I used to buy a burger every game. They weren’t cheap (£5 I think) but the quality was excellent. You’d pay £7 for equivalent quality at Five Guys or Almost Famous.

Last season they dropped the prices of the burger to £3.50 and the quality was absolutely garbage. It was the equivalent of a 20p Iceland burger. I bought one and it was so poor, I haven’t bought one since.

If people want cheap food, I definitely think that should be an option. But for those of us who’d rather pay a pound or two more for something a bit tastier, I think that should be an option too.

That's what I was saying about standards. If the grub was better I would gladly pay for it. But it's far from it. I'd rather pay a fiver for a really good burger than £3.50 for shite.

I used to get a beer at halftime with mates until it became too much of an effort. even though we did it in weekly rounds so that we didn’t have to miss 20 minutes of the match a week it was still something I was unwilling to do and so now I spend nothing at the ground, I live within walking distance, I get there 15 minutes before kick off enjoy the game and go home or to other arrangements straight after. The price of the food and drink is irrelevant to me, doesn’t matter if it’s a fiver for a pie and pint or a tenner I simply won’t buy and I know plenty of others in the same mindset. It’s money that mounts up over the season and aids me in all the away day costs. I suspect this is why soriano hates all of us regular working class fans.

reduce prices and go for volume, most of the biggest retailers employ this strategy.

After the corruption we've experienced this season, I think the best way to increase revenue will be to campaign for the scrapping of VAR. It won't be long before match going fans start to give the game up.

How? Improve the speed of service at the concession stalls for one. A couple of million extra a season could be raised.

Only a small step but perhaps making buying tickets easier. I have to spend ages looking for two seats together for a game, the website says seats available you click on and it's all single seats no pairs. Why cant the website when you click on the number of seats you want just show you areas were you can get the number your want next to each other ? . Instead you get showed lots of single seat when I asked for two !!.
I know it wont make much difference but it would make buying tickets alot easier. I guess it would mean I might attend a few more times per season, my lad and me arent going to do our 600 mile round trip to sit miles apart. We do miss games because of only single seats being available perhaps the club should just let you choose the block, aisle and row and the club puts you in the seats so there are no gaps

Quality post. Nail on head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.