John Stones - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better, but that’s about it. He doesn’t look like a senior centre half
That’s the issue I think. Laporte is obviously a senior CH/leader type player. Looks a fair hand as well. Stones is a great 2nd CB and defo doesn’t give anyone the fear. I thought stones was the future of city and England, capt nailed on but I think that was based on his ball playing while we were on the front foot and winning. Under pressure he goes into his shell. Wether that be in life or on the pitch, he’s had his domestic problems and they seem to be mirrored in his performances. Saying that a run of games may get him back up there. He is no 3rd choice though due to needing games. Prefer otamendi as the 3rd. At least he’s got a bit of bite.

Been a big critic of Stones and I thought in the first 20 minutes he was his usual stand offish and weak self.

However, after that I thought he was fantastic. Getting stuck in, bringing the ball forward and winning headers. Back to the Stones in the first half of last season.

I thought he played well, a quick run of games coming up and I hope Pep sticks with him and allows him to keep building back to where he can be.

I thought he played well, a quick run of games coming up and I hope Pep sticks with him and allows him to keep building back to where he can be.
Its not like pep has much of a choice its either him or ottamendi so he'll be first choice atleast until laporte is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.