#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
After ten years of being one of the greatest ever City players, I am sure that David Silva will begin to pass on the baton to Phil Foden. We have heard and read about the guidance he has given Phil and I am sure that he would be happy to begin to hand Phil more and more of his game time to ensure that his own legacy lives on and that the transition is seamless. We have a potentially world class talent ready to take over from one of the greats of the modern game; what a position to be in.

Plain to see that he needs to be taking more of David Silva's minutes at this point. Silva would be more effective used more sparingly and off the bench and Foden would inject a much needed energy boost into the midfield. Thought he made an instant impact today.

Excellent cameo again from Phil, full of running and good pressing.
I'll disagree that it was "excellent" it wasn't, it was OK (i've got my hard hat on don't worry).

As for the "full of running" yes he is, but he needs to target it better, because a lot of the time whilst it looks great, it achieves nothing. He probably ran more in 23 minutes than David Silva did in 67, but he needs to target what is sensible, because he'll struggle to complete 90 minutes like that.

He made one good run with the ball, with a shot at goal, 2 good runs off it, and got back to make one decent bit of recovery near the edge of our box, he'll need to achieve more than that in 23 minutes to nail a place in a Pep team imho.

This isn't a criticism, I understand he's very enthusiastic to play, but for all his obvious ability, he still looks a bit raw when unleashed like yesterday, and he doesn't achieve as much as all that running he's putting in would suggest

I'll disagree that it was "excellent" it wasn't, it was OK (i've got my hard hat on don't worry).

As for the "full of running" yes he is, but he needs to target it better, because a lot of the time whilst it looks great, it achieves nothing. He probably ran more in 23 minutes than David Silva did in 67, but he needs to target what is sensible, because he'll struggle to complete 90 minutes like that.

He made one good run with the ball, with a shot at goal, 2 good runs off it, and got back to make one decent bit of recovery near the edge of our box, he'll need to achieve more than that in 23 minutes to nail a place in a Pep team imho.

This isn't a criticism, I understand he's very enthusiastic to play, but for all his obvious ability, he still looks a bit raw when unleashed like yesterday, and he doesn't achieve as much as all that running he's putting in would suggest

His pressing was one of the main reasons Chelsea were struggling to get out of their half in the last 20 minutes. Their defenders kept having to pass it sideways because they couldn’t go forward.

You make some valid comments, but don't you think that by playing more games and also starting games he will channel his energy more effectively and his game will develop. Phil is a special talent everyone knows that, I just feel with David's ageing legs I think Foden deserves more game time and he will start to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.