Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible he will never become the player we bought but he might. I think he is being well managed and nursed back to fitness; he has a long way to go and some serious competition with Angelino.

Really poor today, lacking confidence, poor positioning and passing way off the mark. Only stopped one cross, with Raheem making two sliding blocks on the left and Ferni having to mop up several times. Desperate to see him do well, but I'm starting to get really concerned for Ben.

I'd like him just to concentrate on his positioning and get that better.

It's crazy to think Cliche would keep him out of this team if he was around.

Come on Ben, be a shark, not a floating jelly fish!!

Nothing against Mendy, but I don’t think he’ll be here next season.

Not just tonight, but I just don’t see what he brings to the team.

Perhaps I’m wrong, but he isn’t the same Mendy that played for Monaco, when his pace, crossing, passing, and defending tore us to pieces over both legs..
He was brilliant in that Monaco team that won the League. He had a great understanding with Bernie, I’m so sad about his current form, he has much better in his locker but it needs to come out quickly.

we' surely haven't covered ourselves in glory in fullback transfer market.

This is off mark, Walker has been a great buy and Angelinio hasn't been to bad, just needs more game time. Cliche was very decent for what we needed and Mendy looked awesome before his injuries.

And then there's Zaba....

I think the lack of any pace and Laporte missing has been key. We're way to slow, with poor agility especially throughout our midfield. We need Ferni back in the DM roll. Rodri is is a rolls Royce, but when we lose possession he can't get back and tends to just chase, his passing is quite sideways or 5 metres at times, possible due to our slow build up. I think Gundo is a slightly better going forwards.

He was never outstanding in his defense, what brought him to City were his crosses and his contribution to the attack. He use to burn the line and send great crosses inside.
I can't even remember when was the last time he gave cross properly, dont even talk about his awful defensive game and the mistakes he made every game. I hope this is his last year here but GOD what team will take him?

Definitely not ready to write him off. It would be pretty unusual if someone was out for the amount of time he was, got back into the squad, and really hit the ground running. He's played less than ten games this season, most next to a first time centerback. Not nearly enough to even get back in game shape, let alone round into form.

I think he might not be very good. No worse than our other options but frightening he cost 50m.

I think he might not be very good. No worse than our other options but frightening he cost 50m.
He had two very bad injuries. Frightening that you don't realise that. The Mendy who is playing now is way short of the player he was.

Can he recover his game?

He hasn’t had a good start to the season and slowly losing patience.

He looks overweight, slow and his passing has gone. One point him and Raz and someone else were doing a triangle and he just missed it and gave Chelsea the ball. Then Someone got wrong side of him to in our corner, Tammy maybe and nicked it off him. Struggled to block crosses to.

He was rubbish in Milan as well as he looks a bit lost when he gets to the final 3rd.

I would take Zino any day of the week. His short passing is much better and has the eye to create something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.